CH. 4

"Hello!" - talking from afar/different location

Hello - talking in their minds

Hello - from a memory

.

"huh? am I seeing you clearly right now, YOU'RE writing?" Chongyun said, with a shocked face.

"What? I've always been writing..." Xingqiu said, still focused on his work.

"yeah, but you said you lost motivation, and that you're having writer's block...did something good happen?" He asked teasingly, as he sit on a vacant chair.

Xingqiu tensed up, cleared his throat, as he remembered Y/n's big smile, while thanking him, and tightly holding him around her arms, "well....it's been awhile since we spent time together, I mean, the three of us were so caught up on our own work" he said, as he look up from his paper to look at Chongyun, "but then we recently just hung out, and to be honest, if we hadn't met Y/n that day, the both of us wouldn't be talking right now, if we hadn't met her, the both of us would've gone straight home, that was our original plan, right? but we felt responsible for taking care of her, so we took her to Xiangling's place, and we talked and laughed the whole night, that was better than me just staying in this lonely office.….I knew that the three of us were growing apart, and I knew that we were scared of reaching out to one another, we should honestly be thanking Y/n"

And well being able to spend my time with friends, makes me feel less stressed, and somehow whenever I see her I have this sudden urge to hold her tight, seeing her smile, everything she does is beautiful for you, these feelings are not unknown to me, I know what they are, I've read about it from novels, but who knew...experiencing these confusing feelings yourself was much more complicated than I thought it would be, and it makes me wanna right about her all day long.

"yeah, but I was the one who invited you to do some commissions with me, right?" Chongyun jokingly said.

"you're right, it was also thanks to you too"

"but you know....Xiangling might steal Y/n away from you~" he said, teasing his friend.

Xingqiu scoffed, and crossed his arms on his chest, "what are you talking about? I don't even like her that way, Xiangling can have her all she wants, and you don't even know if Y/n's interested in girls! you shouldn't assume someone's sexual orientation!"

"And you're here, assuming she's only interested in men" Chongyun said, also crossing his arms.

.

.

"What are your plans today?" Xiangling asked.

"Nothing really, Chongyun said Xingqiu's busy writing, I wanted to do some commissions, but I'm still not strong enough to fight monsters, so I thought maybe some requests, but I might get lost, 'cause I still don't know my way around here in Liyue, and now I have nothing to do....." Y/n said, and rest her head on the table.

"You can help me out with the restaurant....if you don't mind, I can even pay you" Xiangling suggested.

"Sure!" Y/n said, standing up from her chair, "but you don't have to pay me, I've been staying at your place comfortably, think of it as my rent!"

"I let you stay here as my friend, so you don't have to feel that you owe me"

"But! pls? for my conscience"

Xiangling sighed, and got closer to Y/n, and petting her head, and looking straight into her eyes. "if you insist"

"U-uhmm.....thank you"

.

"Okay!" Chongyun said, as he put his hands on Xingqiu's desk, "you've done enough work for today, let's go to Xiangling's restaurant for some snacks"

"We just ate lunch"

"That was 4 hours ago...come on, it's time you take a break" Chongyun said, as he grabbed Xingqiu's pen from his hand.

"Ok, ok....let me just put my things away"

.

"Y/n, you should fix your hair, it might get in the food" Xiangling said, while she tucked Y/n's loosed hair behind her ear, "you know what let me fix it for for you" she said, as she took something to tie Y/n's hair.

"thank you..." Y/n said, feeling a bit flustered, but continued on chopping the vegetables.

"Are you feeling tired? you can take a break if you like" Xiangling said, as she finished making a ponytail.

Y/n turned to look at Xiangling, pouting, "I told you I'd help, but you keep putting me on breaks"

"Okay, I'm sorry....you can continue" Xiangling said, while she pinched Y/n's puffed up cheeks.

.

"you were right, Xiangling might also like Y/n, I mean look at where her hands are going?!" Xingqiu quietly said, just behind the kitchen door.

"so you admit you like Y/n? and I think girls do that all the time, I think"

"Okay, but!" Xingqiu sighs, and slammed the door open which made the two girls jump.

"OY! are you planning on breaking that?! you pay for that door if it did" Xiangling said.

I never thought I would be the jealous type....now come up with an excuse.

"sorry, I was just SO hungry" Xingqiu said.

"Liar~" Chongyun whispered to Xingqiu.

"you didn't need to slam the door for you to tell me that!" She said, as she pours food on a bowl, and handing it to her hungry friend.

"I can also help, you've always made us such delicious cuisines, I would like to repay your kindness, after I finish this of course" Xingqiu said, taking the bowl from Xiangling.

"Sure! If you don't mind....can you wash the dishes? It's been piling up since lunch time" Xiangling said, pointing to the mountain of unwashed dishes.

"I'm almost done with these vegetables, I can help Xingqiu!" Y/n said, raising her hand.

"actually....can you give the customer's orders? and take some orders? Chongyun can help you with that, and I'll help Xingqiu instead" Xiangling said, giving her a pen and a tiny notebook.

"I never offered my help thou-" Chongyun was cut off by Xiangling pushing him and Y/n out the kitchen.

.

"thank you for helping me, even though I was the one who offered to help..."

"Xingqiu, do you have something to tell me? or ask me?" Xiangling asked, while she scrubs.

"Uhh....well, do you like Y/n? not as a friend, like, as in you want to be her lover...."

"T-that's super straight forward"