CH. 3

"Hello!" - talking from afar/different location

Hello - talking in their minds

Hello - from a memory

.

"uhmm....a little help here?" he said, wielding his sword against his opponent, asking for a hand to his friends.

"kinda occupied right now?!" Y/n responding to Xingqiu.

"Y/n, go ahead and help him, I'll cover this part" Chongyun insisted.

"Okay..."
.

.

.
"You were so bad at it"

"I'm still learning, you know?! I just recently got this vision, so I'm not that used to it yet!" Y/n said, scoffing, and genuinely offended.

"Both of you, stop it....I'm tired, and hearing you guys argue is making me MORE tired" Chongyun said, his hands on his head, clearly stressed out because of the hot burning temperature, and his friends adding fuel.

"he looks.....well, not good"

".....don't mind him, he gets cranky whenever he gets hot, he needs something to cool him down, come on let's get him something" Xingqiu said, grabbing Y/n with him.

"where are we going? are we just going to leave him there?" Y/n asked from behind.

"I told you, we're gonna cool him down"
.

.

.
"sorry, but we run out, lots of people came swarming in to buy our delicate frozen treats, because of today's hot weather, if you humble people help gather some ingredi-"

"WHAT?! that can't be....well, we managed to get another commission, you don't mind, do you??" Xingqiu asked, looking at the girl behind him.

"I do mind actually, I'm also very tired, you know?" Y/n said, glaring.

The boys sighs, scratching his head, and said, "Look....I'm not leaving Chongyun with that foul attitude, so....can you please help me?"

"fine, I promised him some popsicles anyways, so...what are the ingredients mister?"

"Hurry up, so we can finish this quick" Xingqiu said, getting impatient.

"I WAS going to tell you, but you cut me off" the man said.

.

"Oh! I already have those ingredients with me!" Y/n said, as she take out the things from her bag, "aaaand~ I guess I can give you some fruits that Xiangling gave me"

"How do you have so much space in your bag?! that's insane! what else do you carry?" Xingqiu said, taking a peek inside Y/n's unbelievably packed bag.

"some of my favorite books" Y/n said, as she hands the man the ingredients, "wait! how long will this take to freeze?! we can't wait that long!" she said, facing the man.

"d-dont worry, my son has a vision"

"Oh...."

.

.

"Chongyun!! we got you popsicles~" Y/n said, running towards Chongyun, making sure to not drop anything.

"They're not frozen?" Chongyun said, with a question in his face.

"Turns out that guy was a scammer, he just wanted to steal from us" Xingqiu said, with an annoyed tone, still not getting over the fact that he was tricked, "like when did a jade become a popsicle flavor?! how can I be so stupid?! and Y/n, how come you have a jade again?"

"I've already told you, my father gave it to me, and I just lost it" she said, as she looks down, getting reminded of how much her father wanted her to have it.

"well, thank gosh, I got it back" Xingqiu said, as he hands the girl her jade back.

The girl gasped, and clapped from joy, "thank you, Xingqiu! I can't explain how happy, and thankful I am right now!" Y/n said, tearing up, as she gave the boy a hug, jumping up and down.

"o-okay, I get it your grateful...." Xingqiu said, as he look away blushing, "and Chongyun, you don't mind freezing it yourself?"

"It's fine, I don't mind"

"Isn't time we head back? I think we've done enough commissions for today" Y/n said, as she takes off her arms around Xingqiu.

"yeah, chasing that man earlier, drowned out all my energy" Xingqiu said, while he puts his arms around Chongyun for support.

"Okay, let's head home." Chongyun said, as he also puts his arms around Xingqiu.

Chongyun and Xingqiu looks really close, that reminds me of how Noelle and I used to hang out a lot...

.

"you go and head inside, Xiangling must be waiting for you, I'll take Xingqiu home"

"geez, can you not say it like that? you make me sound like a kid, and I can go home myself!"

"But you do act like one most of the time~" Y/n said, teasing Xingqiu. "welp...be safe on your way!" Y/n said, as she close the door behind her.

.

"I DO NOT act like a kid" Xingqiu said, scoffing.

"but you really do, and by the way....I saw you blushing earlier, when Y/n hugged you~" Chongyun said teasingly, and nudging his friend.

"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? yes, BUT! today was a hot day, she embraced me by her warmth--WHICH! made me feel hotter...and it made my face red, so I wasn't blushing..." Xingqiu said, explaining himself, but it's clear that Chongyun is not buying anything he just said.

"....."

"Why are you looking at me like that? I've already told you, I WASN'T BLUSHING!"

.

.

"so? how was your day?" Xiangling quietly asked Y/n, since it's bedtime.

"I couldn't stop bickering with Xingqiu, he annoyed me so much, but I already forgave him, since he chased the man to get the jade my father gave me......" she said, sighing with relief.

"your day was quite interesting..."

"It was exhausting, but also fun" Y/n said, as she wraps herself with her blanket.

"are you cold? should I get another blanket for you?" Xiangling said, worrying a bit too much.

"you're so nice Xiangling, you act like my mom, actually the three of you act like my mom, depending on her mood that is" Y/n said, turning her head to face Xiangling.

"well I feel honored, you're mom sounds nice" she said, as she plays with Y/n's hair.

"she is...I wonder what she's doing right now" she tiredly said, then followed with a yawn, holding Xiangling's hand, "by the way...why are you whispering?" Y/n asked, also whispering.

"I don't want to wake up our neighbors"

"I'm sure your normal voice isn't that loud"

"still, I'm just being cautious"

"you really don't have though" Y/n said, trying not to close her eyes.

"Shhh....don't force yourself, sleep"

.

You know....they are times that your days of traveling will be exhausting, but fun.

How so?

Well....because of my friends?

Friends?

Yes....friends