Choose Me - Sylvie x TVA!Reader

You could never forget her, no matter how hard you tried.

How could you? She had saved your life - rather than kill you like she had your co-workers, she'd spared you, instead, and swept you away in an attempt to convince you of the awful truth-

Which was, of course, that you were a Variant...

Same as she.

You could've run. You could've stayed, as she asked you to. Stayed, with her.

But you knew, somehow, that you had to go back, had to do what you could to convince your boss, Mobius, of the lie you'd been sold.

...Even if it meant leaving the woman you loved.

And now, here she was - standing in the golden elevator with you, Loki, and Renslayer.

You knew there was nothing you could do to save her now. If Renslayer wanted her dead, she would be. Resistance was futile.

"Do you ever think of us?"

Your lips formed a thin line.

"...All the time."

"I know this isn't you, Y/N. It's not too late."

You shook your head.

"I'm so sorry."

The elevator doors opened, and you attempting to keep your bottom lip from quivering as Sylvie was pushed away, out of your grasp, forever.

"Please," she speaks, urgently. "Help us."

You know, somehow, that she's saying it more for you than for her own benefit. She wants you to help her, so that she can spare you.

So she doesn't have to kill you herself.

"Please," she says again, and you know the Goddess of Mischief doesn't beg often. "Please-"

The door opens.

Sylvie is pushed away.

You lower your face, hopelessly - you've never met the Time Keepers before, but you don't expect them to be lenient.

"Gracious Time-Keepers," pronounces Ravonna, and you're reminded of how much you dislike her. "As promised... the Variants."

Sylvie struggles.

"What do you have to say for yourselves before you meet your end, Variants?"

"Is that the only reason you brought us here?" asks Loki. "To kill us? I've lost track of the number of times I've been killed, so go ahead. Do your worst."

"You and your bravado are no threat to us, Variant."

"Oh, no, I don't think you believe that," says Sylvie. "I think..."

Ravonna resets her. Sylvie regains posture.

"...I think you're scared."

"No, Variant. You're nothing but a cosmic disappointment."

"Delete them."

Ravonna moves.

"No, I'm not done with you yet-"

Sylvie and Loki's time-collars click off.

And this time - this time, it's you.

You.

You, facing down the Time Keepers, Ravonna Renslayer, and the entire TVA.

You, betraying them all for one person, one Variant.

Sylvie smiles at you, softly, and you toss her a weapon, stealing your own off another guard. The two of you fight viciously, side-by-side, for your lives.

"This time, I finish the job," states Renslayer.

You laugh.

"No, I don't think so."

You didn't know what the future held, but you knew you and Sylvie were in it.

It's enough.