❥𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴

Start from the beginning

"Wash off the guts of my child?" (Y/N) asked with a sniffle, noticing that the egg's corpse began to fall again and spill on the floor. Their hand and head was still drenched in yolk, while the blonde girl only had egg on her one hand and at the heels of her shoes. She wore a confused expression as she let go (Y/N)'s hand and stared at them.

"What?" She asked, not really understanding what (Y/N) had meant by 'guts of my child'. (Y/N) simply let a pained look go on their face before looking away, unable to hold eye contact.

"You wouldn't understand." They were quick to reply, their face darkening and hardening scarily. The corner of the girl's lip twitched and curled up slightly before shaking her head and replying that she doesn't think she ever will understand that sentiment. She took in a deep breath and looked around, her hands firmly planted on her hips.

"Let me help you out in here. I'm guessing you're not the best in the kitchen?" She said, trying to put it as lightly as possible since she wasn't sure if it would hurt their feelings. She watched as (Y/N) nodded their head, their solemn expression quickly changing to a thoughtful one as they moved on from the death of their breakfast.

"Yeah... I wanted to make everyone breakfast since everyone's been so nice, y'know?" (Y/N) mentioned while walking over to the sink with careful calculated steps, the other person quick to follow cautiously as they made sure not to slip.

"That's very sweet of you... don't worry, we can fix this, it's not that bad." She reassured with a soft smile, though it was definitely strained and wobbly as she gripped onto the counter from almost slipping. A raw strip of bacon then fell from the ceiling and onto her own head, her hand reaching up and fearfully peeling it off with a icky look. 

She stared at (Y/N)'s back and wondered how that managed to get there, (Y/N) having been flipping the bacon like a pancake before and it flew too high up and got stuck to the ceiling. When they had climbed the counter to try and get it down, some of the flower spilt which would explain the powdery mess on the table the blonde haired woman was worried was something else at first.

Yeah, it wasn't that bad, it was horrible.

She looked in the sink, and what she saw terrified her. For whatever reason, there was a metal pan with a large hole burnt through it sitting in the sink, watching as (Y/N) nonchalantly took it out and placed it to the side so that they could wash their hands. Upon noticing the girls hesitance to walk any closer to the sink, they briefly glanced over and sent a sheepish smile.

"Ah-- sorry again about all this. One thing happened and then another, and-- yeah, I'm really not the best in the kitchen." (Y/N) said, turning back towards the sink and leaning their face closer, splashing water on their face since the egg was leaving a really nasty feeling as it dried, almost like a low quality crumbly face mask. The girl simply walked over and let out a small chuckle, calmed down from the sheer overwhelming amount of shit that she had to process in the room.

"Seriously, no worries. I'd be glad to teach you some things if you would like. I'm assuming you're the new roommate I've heard so much about...?" She asked as she watched (Y/N) move to the side and gesture for her to use the sink, to which she gave a thankful nod for. She moved to wash her hands while (Y/N) shook theirs to air-dry.

"That would be great, and Yup! That's me, the name's (Y/N) and I'm an adventurer." (Y/N) said with a big smile as they introduced themselves, happy that the last roommate was someone so thoughtful and kind.

"Oh really? That's a very courageous occupation. My name is Jean Gunnhildr, I work as the acting grand master of Mondstadt's Knights of Favonius." Jean introduced with a small smile, drying her hands with a towel instead of air-drying them like (Y/N) did. After placing it back on the rack where it hung, she slid her hand into her pocket and pulled out her glove before sliding it over her hand.

"Sounds like a serious job, is that why you didn't show for dinner last night?" (Y/N) curiously asked as they remembered that Jean was the only one not to show. Mondstadt was essentially ran by the Acting Grand Master if they remembered correctly, so Jean was a pretty damn important person. Due to (Y/N)'s tragic battle in the kitchen earlier, a strip of raw bacon landed on this important figures head. If Jean was a tyrant or something of the sorts, (Y/N) imagined they would definitely be banned from going into the city.

"Ah, I rarely ever make it for dinner unfortunately. There's just so much that needs to be done, I end up being finished really late in the night." Jean recalls as she put a hand to her hip, but her voice held no contempt. It was like she was satisfied with the heavy workload she got everyday if it meant that the city would remain prosperous.

"Enough about me though, let's get started here, yeah?" Jean mentioned while the chaotic looking room remained the same, except strips of bacon were beginning to fall more frequently now from being stuck up there so long. Jean was honestly frightened of whatever else she may find.

"You got it boss!" (Y/N) saluted with a serious face, waiting for their first order of business. Jean hid a chuckle from behind her hand and softly shook her head, playing the role of boss as she ordered for (Y/N) to start cleaning the floor while she worked on getting the bacon off the ceiling with the help of her vision.

——————♡——————

"Agh! You're really the best, Jean!" (Y/N) praised as they sat across from the Dandelion knight who was happily sipping her coffee. She had been planning on simply grabbing a cup and reading a book this morning, but to her surprise she had met the trouble-magnet new roommate she had heard about from Aether and Paimon, causing trouble in the kitchen.

"It's no problem, really. I actually found this fun. If you want, on days I'm not too busy I can teach you a few things." Jean mentioned with a small smile, a plate of food in front of her as the two decided not to wait and let people wake up at their own times to come and eat. The vanilla smell of tea break pancakes would surely wake up everyone anyways, fresh berries Jean and (Y/N) picked themselves on the side to put as a topping if anyone wanted. Turns out, there was another carton of eggs, so (Y/N) had nothing to worry about, though Aether may have to climb a lot of trees later.

Jean was really a breath of fresh air for (Y/N), and they found to really enjoy her company. While cleaning, Jean had talked about her duties as the acting grand master, and (Y/N) could tell she genuinely cared for Mondstadt and it's people, to an extent that she would overwork herself for the littlest of things like finding a lost cat.

"Oh? Paimon was expecting to see Jean this early, but (Y/N)'s here too? Did you guys cook all this together?" The high pitched voice of Paimon made Jean and (Y/N)'s conversation stop, looking over as Paimon flew in the room followed by Aether, who said a quick 'good morning' with a smile. Paimon marveled at all the food and was quick to get into her seat, Aether just behind her and taking his own seat.

"Yes, it was nice to get to know (Y/N) while we worked together. They really are a lovely roommate to have." Jean mentioned while she slid over two of the stacked plates in Aether and Paimon's direction so they could serve themselves with whatever they wanted.

"Are you sure we're talking about the same (Y/N) here?" Aether skeptically asked while raising an eyebrow in (Y/N)'s direction. (Y/N) stopped mid bite and glared right at Aether who hid back the urge to smile, instead opting for a completely serious and neutral face to tease them with.

"Eh?! What's that supposed to mean, Aether!?" They complained as they waited for Aether to elaborate, but all he did was shrug his shoulders and grab the plate Jean slid his way, reaching over to put some pancakes on his plate. Paimon snickered to herself making (Y/N) throw the glare at Paimon, Paimon looking away and innocently whistling as if she hadn't added to the teasing.

Jean chuckled lightly at the three's dynamic and nodded her head softly, wrapping her hands around the warm cup of coffee (Y/N) had made for her in apology for the incident this morning.

"Yes, I'm sure."

——————♡——————

Jean supremacy 🙏🙇