A Good Old Game Of Hide And Seek

Start from the beginning

guya, canh yo plz calll the police. tHere are pppl in my hoase. please hekp

I looked at the text I had just sent and hoped to dear god they could make put what I was saying. In this situation, it's the best I could do. I tucked my phone underneath one of the towels and grasped the knife with more priority this time. Every so often the sound of things being broken and doors slamming open startled me, which led me to cover my mouth with one hand to mute any noise made if they did the same when they checked the bathroom. Then the time came, and the bathroom door was open slowly, dragging out my anxiety and fear to the max. I heard silent footsteps wander the tiny room, pulling back the curtain to the shower violently. What a shitty hiding place that would be. My mind began to race when I heard the figure approach the closet door. It creaked open slightly, causing the intensity of this situation to increase tremendously. The outline of tall legs was just barely visible from where I lay in the dark, making me wonder just how big this person was. The figure lingered for a moment then left just as swiftly as he came in. After what felt like thirty minutes, the sound of creaking stair floorboards let me know the figures had gone downstairs to check the rest of the house. This was my chance. I carefully emerge from the closet and quietly shut the door, locking it this time. I went back to the window and tried to open it again, this time using a hand towel to get a better grip. It still didn't budge.  Suddenly I heard someone call from downstairs.

" Y/nnnnn!! Where are you, silly? Playing hide and seek, are we?", a man called out to me. I couldn't tell if they were mocking me or if they were delusional. 

I continued to try the window, feeling even more defeated with each failed attempt. I could wait and wait for the police to arrive. Although the police in this town are actually shit. Frick me. 

I checked my phone and neither Stu nor Billy had replied.

I had two choices: 1. Take a chance and try calling the police again, or 2. Break the window and make a run for it. I finally decided the best option was to call the police first, just in case the second option backfired. So I dialed 911 again and waited anxiously. 

Beeeeeepppppppp, the dial tone rang quietly in my ear. 

I waited till the line went dead and hung up. Where are the police when you freaking need them?

That left me with one last plan. I'll wait here for them to leave, but if they find me and try breaking down the door, I'll break the window and climb onto the roof. From there I could either scream for my dear life or climb down and run for help. So I grabbed a towel I could use to place over the broken window frame when needed and waited. Every so often I heard a door slam, something break, or the man from before calling out for me. It took every part of me to calm my breathing and really focus on the noises that the intruders made. After some time, the house fell silent and I felt a slight tug of hope. I checked my phone one last time and saw nothing from Stu or Billy. Without a warning, the bathroom door began to jiggle slightly. FUCK!! 

I let out a small gasp and the person on the other side chuckled evilly.

"~Found youuuu~", the man sang. He tapped the door with some sort of object as if to threaten me to not try anything. Like this was a sick game to him.

"Baby, open the door for Daddy? Games over. Time to come home".

I grabbed my knife and thrust it into the glass of the window, looking away to avoid any glass pieces cutting my face. This sparked the man on the other side to start jiggling the doorknob even more aggressively. I quickly place the towel on the open frame and jumped onto the shingled roof. I grabbed the knife and headed to the front side of the house, trying hard to keep my balance on the slated roof. I checked below where the front door was and saw no one. This was my chance. I carefully lowered myself down from the roof siding, preparing to meet the ground as soon as I let go. That's when I felt a rush of fear fill my body. I looked over to see a six-foot-something man in a boiler suit and white mask swiftly approach where I dangled. Panicking, I tried to pull myself back up, unfortunate the man who was behind the door had found me. He was wearing a black cloak outfit and a white Ghostface mask. In his hand, he held a buck knife skillfully. The man tilted his head and let out a chuckle. 

"Nowhere to run, Baby. Come down before you hurt yourself. We don't want you to get hurt." he warned.

I felt a strong hand grasp my ankle and pull. I held on for dear life but this guy was incredibly strong. My fingers gave out and I fell into the white-masked man's arms. I struggle to kick away but he squeezed hard until I felt the oxygen leave my lungs. I stopped and tried to scream, but he cover my mouth with his large hand. I felt all the little hope I had drained away, leaving me with nothing but pure fear to fuel my escape. A couple of figures emerged from the front door and headed towards me. I tried one last time to break free, which only led to the same hopeless outcome. One of the figures got so close to my face, that I could feel their breath on my neck. 

"~See you soon, Princess.~" a familiar voice mocked, caressing my cheek roughly. I knew that touch. I opened my eyes and saw the burnt man from my dream last night. Before I could register anything, I felt him claw my thigh, causing me to yelp in pain. Then once again, everything went black. 

~Real World~

I jointed up in pain, desperately looking around to see where I was. I was in my living room, just like I was when I got home from Chance's party a few hours ago. I felt around for my phone and checked the time.

10:26 am

Saturday, October 25

I got up and check around for any evidence of an intrusion, but there was nothing. Everything was just as I left it before I fell asleep. Before I set out to make myself breakfast, I check the back door in the living room and realized it was unlocked. My stomach dropped and I locked it.