Chapter 3: The Truth About Trolls

Start from the beginning

"Oh, okay then," Alista said, not thinking twice about why he'd go there. "See you around, Potter."

Harry nodded in acknowledgment before continuing on his way.

"Why would he be going to the pitch?" Jessica asked once he was far gone.

"Maybe he's like you," said Beth. "You know, maybe he wants to watch the Quidditch practices?"

"How does he even know there'll be a practice today? I don't even know."

"Or maybe he just likes it there, too," Alista said. "Or he could be meeting up with friends."

Jessica frowned. Alista didn't seem to connect this to when they saw McGonagall standing outside the Charms classroom with Harry Potter holding a broomstick, asking Flitwick if they could speak to Wood for a moment. She was sure there was some connection to it all.

The three returned to what they were doing before they met the famous Harry Potter. Alista and Bethany were now analyzing which of the following would make a better boyfriend: Adrian Pucey, a fourth year Slytherin on the Quidditch Team, or Percy Weasley, a fifth year Gryffindor Prefect.

"What kind of comparison is this?" Jessica said with a small laugh. "They're nothing alike."

"Exactly," Alista said. "Now, let's weigh our options: Adrian — since I'm with him in a lot of my classes — is actually a decent guy. He hasn't been corrupted by Flint's cheating and unfair ways in Quidditch, and he isn't like that in class either. He's a Slytherin, so people think he's a bad person, but it's only because he can be a bit mischievous at times. So, I honestly don't know if he'll make a good boyfriend because he isn't the most mature guy there is."

"Sounds like a good person, though."

"Then there's Percy Weasley," Bethany said. "Since Jess and I are from his house, we can vouch for him."

"Well, he's a very responsible student," Jessica began. "He's a prefect, so plus points for him."

"And he's a nice person in general, so he can be a gentleman. However, he can be very uptight sometimes, too."

"True. Ever since the Weasley twins entered Hogwarts, he's been extra uptight."

"So, who's the winner here?" Alista said. Cue the debate.

In Jessica's mind, there was no winner. Adrain Pucey didn't seem that mature and Percy Weasley acted as if being a prefect was the best thing in the world. So, she let her friends do the talking, going back to summoning and banishing objects. She hoped nobody would suddenly appear like Harry did since she was now making use of a rock, but luck wasn't on her side. When she banished the rock, which was only just a bit smaller than a Quaffle, Oliver Wood stepped out into the courtyard.

"Watch out!"

Oliver was lucky he was a Keeper. The moment somebody called his attention, he spotted the rock flying his way, using his right hand to catch it. It was slightly sharp and rough and catching it was definitely a bit more painful than catching a simple Quaffle, but he managed.

"Wood," Jessica said, getting up from her comfortable position on the grass for the second time in a few minutes and jogging towards the boy. "Are you alright?"

"Could've destroyed my face, but I'm okay," Oliver said, dropping the rock. "Was that your intention?"

"What do you mean?"

"You know, as payback for that time at the pitch."

"What? No, no, no," Jessica insisted, flushing at the mention of that incident. "Not at all. I was just practicing some charms."