Chapter 5

"See? It's just a high school," Leaf said, leading Branch through the halls.

     Branch looked around, seeing kids dancing through the halls, doing flips, and other crazy talented stuff.

     "This is not just a high school," Branch said, feeling nervous. "These kids are all artsy and creative and talented. And I'm just... me..." His ears drooped, as he lowered his head sadly.

     "It's okay," Leaf assured, putting her hand on her brother's shoulder. "There's nothing wrong with being average."

     Branch glared at her for a moment, and then sighed, lowering his head again.

     "Anyway..." Leaf continued. "You're not alone. I got your back."
"Ok..." Branch said, smiling slightly up at his sister. "So where..."
"Leaf!" a turquoise troll shouted, as she ran up to Leaf, shoving Branch out of the way. "Eric Paulson got his hair straightened!"
"Shut up!" Leaf shouted in disbelief.

     "Um... Leaf..." Branch said, standing up from the floor where he had been knocked down to.

     "Oh my god! I have to see this!" Leaf shouted, shoving Branch back down to the floor, as she ran off with the turquoise troll.

     "And... I'm alone..." Branch mumbled, pushing himself back up to his feet. He looked around, trying to find where he was supposed to go, a long necked, pink furred troll suddenly walking past.

     "Hey... um..." Branch said, stopping the troll to ask for directions. "Could you tell me..."
"Oh my god," the troll suddenly interrupted. "You're  Branch, right? You were so awesome in the big showcase!"

     Branch blinked, slightly confused.

     "Um... thanks..." he said.
"My name's Copper," the long necked troll introduced. "I have toe fungus. Bye." He suddenly just walked away without another word.

     "Uh... ok?" Branch said confused. He looked around, finally spotting a big blue troll holding a worm.

     "Hey..." Branch said, stopping the troll, as he passed by. "Um... can you..."
"Oh, hi," the blue troll interrupted. "Can I help you with something?"
"Y... yeah... can you... uh... tell me where Mr. Sikowitz' classroom is?" Branch asked.

     The blue troll began talking, but his mouth didn't move. Instead it seemed as if he was talking through his worm.

     "Down the hall, swing a left at the water fountain, second door on your right."
"I was gonna say that!" the blue troll yelled at his worm.

     Branch raised an eyebrow, slowly backing away.

     "Tha... thank you?" he said, slowly heading to class, completely weirded out.