Chapter 8

'You have to forget him.'

It was easier said than done .

. . . . . . . . .

Oletus' group had risen at dawn that day. There were only a few hours left before the operation began, only a few hours left before everything would be decided. The conclusion had only two possible paths, success or chaos. Surveyor stood in front of the mirror in his room, his hands clenched into fists, biting his lower lip slightly. Suddenly, another gloved hand came to wrap itself around his, transferring some of its warmth to him.

"It's going to be okay."

"Yes..."

The brunet took a deep breath before turning to the one behind him to take him in his arms and place a kiss against his lips. The dark haired male also passed his around his waist to bring him even closer and insert his tongue in his mouth. They stopped, however, before things got too passionate and got out to get into Trickster's car, heading for the organization's headquarters.

Once there, Vile Blossom gave Aesop the outfit he had to wear to the event in order to remain undercover, a black suit made of the best quality fabric with an amber tie with some gold accents. A very elegant outfit to throw himself into the lion's den. Finally, they all checked one last time the tasks they each had to do before getting out to the limousine with Whiplash at the wheel.

The ride wasn't very long, but each of them could feel the tension in the air and didn't dare say a word. Then, when the car arrived in front of their target's impressive mansion, the tanned male got out of the car and opened the door to let Trickster out first, who then escorted Vile Blossom out of the limousine. The couple began to walk along the velvet carpet under their feet while the rest of the group went to a more concealed location. 

As the man and woman entered the building after giving the receptionist their invitations, the mission began.

Arm in arm, the couple made their way to the center of the room, Trickster grabbing two glasses of champagne and giving one to Vile Blossom. Suddenly, a sort of faint sizzling sound that only they could hear made a noise. The source of the buzzing actually came from one of the amethyst earrings for the damsel and the tie for the young man, hidden earbuds underneath through which Puppeteer was communicating with them.

"Puppeteer to Vile Blossom and Trickster."

"The yellow roses are quite beautiful aren't they?" the male said suddenly.

"I agree, indeed." replied the female.

What sounded like simple chatter from the outside was actually a secret message to state that they could hear their colleague on the other end.

"Pickman still hasn't appeared yet. Surveyor has managed to infiltrate through the roof and is currently checking the location of Pandora's box."

"Surveyor here. You need to meet me on the fourth floor, fifth door on the left."

Fourth floor... It wasn't going to be an easy task to get there without being noticed. Well, that was the reason why Vile Blossom was accompanying him, to make things easier. Her name wasn't just there to serve as a decoration, on the contrary, it was quite relevant when you saw her seductive abilities at work. The dark-haired woman was capable of making anyone her stooge just by whispering a few sweet nothings and that was going to be a great asset in successfully reaching Surveyor.

"My dear, why don't we go somewhere quieter so we can get some privacy...?"

"Oh but it would be my pleasure~" she said in a honeyed voice.