Chapter 5

So some of you seem to be doubting Eli but maybe this chapter will ease your mind a bit... or not-

__________

'Sorry.'

The clockwork has begun to turn and nothing can stop the wheels of fate.

. . . . . . . . .

The strong smell of coffee floated in the air accompanied by that of a cigarette. The kettle was still a little hot after he had heated the water for his drink, now resting on the kitchen counter to cool down. It was quite chilly in the room with winter coming on, the temperature outside had dropped to the point that it was fogging up the window. What month was it? A pair of blue eyes looked at the calendar on the wall and saw that it was November.

Already? It seemed like only yesterday the sun was bathing his body with its warmth and the leaves were just starting to turn yellow. Maybe it was because he had met him? He understood now why the other loved him so much after seeing him for real. Aesop Carl... A handsome man who knows how to be assertive and show dominance. However, unlike him, he wasn't the type to let go and he was sure he could subdue him by pushing a little right where it was needed.

Just then, the doorbell of his apartment rang. The blue-eyed male got up from his seat to look at who was coming to his door even if he probably already had an idea in the back of his mind. He opened the door to discover a familiar figure with brown hair and eyes of a similar blue to his own. Well, the color of their hair was almost identical too but he might have a few more wild locks than the other because he didn't care that much about his appearance.

"Eli."

"How nice to see you too, my dear brother."

The man holding the door handle sketched a smile as he said this, seeing that the one in front of him seemed tense at the mention of their relationship.

"Let's talk inside instead."

"No problem, tea or coffee?"

"No thanks, it won't last long."

The brunet closed the door as the other brunet stepped inside the apartment as if he owned the place. The unexpected guest was dressed in a black suit with a hood while the other was simply wearing a white shirt with black pants, his tie that he had removed hanging over the back of his chair so he would feel less like he was suffocating. The black-clothed man then stopped in his tracks and suddenly turned to the other, a stern expression on his face.

"You met him." he began with an aggressive tone.

"He ran into me by pure chance."

"You should have turned him away!"

"That would have been suspicious, and you know better than I do that he's pretty perceptive..." he paused, the smile on his face darkening slightly. "Isn't that right, Mr. Boyfriend who does dangerous things behind his lover's back?"

"Eli-"

"Woah, wait a second, butterfly. I thought we said in the contract that you wouldn't call me that? I mean, we've already broken a lot of rules so I guess it doesn't change much. What do you think, Eli?"

The dark-haired man dressed in black frowned a little more while the other's smile did not disappear. The tension seemed to have reached a point where the two men could almost feel an electric flow between them. Two similar figures, the same hair color, two pairs of cerulean eyes but two different personalities. It was almost like looking in a mirror, a flawless reflection with the same name, Eli Clark.