Chapter 3

And also... I'm s-sorry for burning your hand. The words echo in my head as we walked towards the girls' hotel building. It was a bit of a walk to be honest and I would've rather rode all the way there but their driver apparently couldn't come today due to some business meeting of their parents. Seriously, at least one of them should learn how to drive. It's not that hard. But then again, now that I think about it, if they couldn't pass a simple Japanese exam, what more if they were asked to drive around downtown. I sighed as we walked the streets.

"Ooooh. Can we stop here for a while? I want to buy that steamed bun over there." Itsuki-san said and immediately went inside the store. She didn't even bother waiting for us to answer. She just immediately rushed off inside the shop. Fuutarou-kun, of course, had no care in the world because he was too focused on his reviewer. I guess he's also nervous since this is the first time he'll tutor anyone.

We waited for Itsuki-san to buy her stupid steamed bun outside the shop. I just sat on a railing on the side of the road as I took a quick glance at all of them. They all look similar I guess but at the same time, they're all different. Not just with their hairstyles but the way they act. Miku-san is the most quiet one which was the complete opposite of Yotsuba-san who always keeps talking. Ichika-san has that go-with-the flow kind of vibe while Itsuki-san seems to be focused on her goals. Nino-san... now that you mention it, Nino-san hasn't spoken in a while now. I guess she's kinda like Miku-san who doesn't talk a lot but I do notice that she keeps giving me quick glances. Not just now but even earlier when we were at the cafeteria. Weird.

"I got it." We heard Itsuki-san said which made us all look at her. She raised the steamed bun up high like it was some trophy and then proceeded to munch on the poor bun. I can't believe that she has this much appetite. She already ate a lot at lunch and now she's eating again. Not gonna lie but I think she has more of an appetite than I have.

We continued walking until finally, we reached the building where they live. Fuutarou-kun's jaw dropped as he looked at the building in front of us. I guess he isn't used to entering big ass hotels like this one. I gotta admit, I'm also not used to entering such luxurious hotels but I have been in one before so it's not really that much of an overwhelming experience as we walked through the sliding doors. Fuutarou-kun was still in awe by everything he sees, even after we entered the cramped elevator. For a big ass hotel, they sure made the elevators very cramped.

As we all got in, one of the girls pressed the floor we were going up to which took me by surprise. The thirtieth floor? How rich can this girls be? I was suddenly taken away from my overthinking when the elevator beeped. We were past the weight limit. We all looked at Itsuki-san to which she responded with sly smile. I sighed and stepped off the elevator. "I guess I'll take the stairs. See you guys in a few minutes. If you get there faster than I do, you guys should start on ahead." I said as I walked towards the door of the emergency stair case.

As I entered the staircase, I noticed that someone was rushing towards me. I looked back to see it was Ichika-san. "Shouldn't you be with the others?" I asked with a confused expression. Rich girls usually don't like to walk especially thirty flights of stairs.

"They'll be fine. Besides, I figured you might want some company on the way up." She said as she passed through the doorway that I opened for myself. I just shrugged it off and stepped inside as well. It was actually better if I walk alone but I guess I don't mind if someone comes along. We were walking in silence and I kinda felt awkward the entire time we're going up the stairs. I guess she's weirded out as well. This is why I would much rather prefer walking up the stairs by myself. Fuck.

"H-how's your hand?" I asked to remove the awkward silence between us. Right now, we're at the tenth floor so we still have a long way to go. I don't wanna walk the rest of the way in awkward silence. She just giggled at my question. "What's so funny? And here I am trying to act all nice." I said.