Chapter 3

Molly's POV

School got let out and just like any Friday, Mia and I made a Starbucks run before heading home to get ready for the game. We arrived home and immediately knew something was up. Jason's car was there as per usual as well as Mom's car. What was odd was that Dad's car was there. He usually had practice or meetings around this time.

Mia and I walked through the door to see Mom and Dad in the living room with Jason no where to be found.

"We're home," Mia announced.

"Hey, Daddy," I greeted giving him a hug. "What are you doing here? You're never home this early."

"Your brother got into some trouble today so I had to take the day off," Dad said a bit angrily.

"What about?" Mia questioned.

"Something about cutting class to go hang out with his girlfriend," Dad said. My face immediately grew pale. "You girls wouldn't
happen to know about that would you?"

I heard Mia take a gulp of nervousness, "We know Haley. Nice girl."

"They're hiding something," Mom said coming into the room. "Spill it girls. Or you'll be in every bit of trouble your brother is in."

"But Mom-" I tried arguing just to get cut off by her.

"Molly Ray Fisher, I suggest you watch what you say," Dad scolded.

"He's been cutting class to go hang out with Haley. He asks us to cover for him and telling teachers that he didn't feel well or something," Mia blurted out. Great. Now we're all busted.

"That's it," Mom said. "You two, grounded. One month. No friends. No hanging out. Nothing. I'm very disappointed in you girls. Especially you, Molly. You're supposed to set the example for your sisters and now look at what you've done to one of them. You helped Mia become a sneak for your brother. I can barely even look at you girls. Any trust I had for you girls is completely thrown out the window."

"Mom, I'm sorr-" I whimpered as tears started to flow but she just kept going.

"Don't even try to be sorry! I've had enough of the sneaking around and lies from my own kids. Just go up to your rooms," Mom demanded. By the time she said that, both Mia and I were in tears and were sprinting up to our rooms.
Carrie's POV

"Care, that was a little harsh," Mike told me. I turned around to face him to see a slightly disappointed look.

"Mike, what they did was completely wrong. Jason, Molly, and Mia are the oldest. We can't have them doing this. If we act like it's okay now, the other four are going to think it's okay too," I argued.

"They're still just kids. They're going to make mistakes just like any other human being out there. Remember when we were pregnant with Jason and we talked about how we were going to handle our kids in the future?" he reminded me.

"We said that we weren't going to yell or fight with them and that we wanted them to love us like we love them," I repeated the words I said so many years ago.

"And not fear us," Mike added taking a step closer to me taking my hands into his.

I let out a deep sigh, "I have to fix this, don't I."

"How about you go up and talk to them. The little ones should be dropped off soon so I'll go make their after school snacks," Mike said giving me a quick kiss on the forehead before heading to the kitchen.

He was right. I hated yelling at my kids. It made me feel horrible. I was so close to all of them. I wanted to stay that way.