Chapter 43: An Old Enemy

Start from the beginning

"You know, when I cut you in half, I should have aimed for your neck instead," Obi-Wan joked

"You know, when I cut you in half, I should have aimed for your neck instead," Obi-Wan joked.  Battered and bruised and still cracking jokes.  That's Obi-Wan.  Maul threw him into another crate.  "Anything more to say?" he sneered.  "I like your new legs.  They make you look taller."  Maul pulled out his lightsaber and activated it inches from Obi-Wan's neck.

"I will make sure you stay awake long enough to feel every... single... cut.  Your death will be beyond excruciating.  You will suffer as I have suffered!" Just then, a yellow Dathomirian entered the room.  He was much bigger than Maul, and wore armor around his chest, shoulders. and wrists.

"What a surprise," a familiar voice echoed through the room

"What a surprise," a familiar voice echoed through the room.  You looked up to see a woman on the other side of the same level you were on.  "Ventress," Ahsoka whispered.  "My former servant, still an animal.  And you have a friend now."

"My brother," the yellow Dathomirian clarified.

"A brother?  Looks like he's half the man you are, Savage.  How unfortunate.  I was looking for a challenge, not some wretched castoffs from the Nightbrothers clan.  What a disappointment."  Ventress returned to the shadows, her laughs echoing throughout the room. She disappeared to the hallway and closed the door.

"Such a poser," you muttered.

"Who is this, brother?" Maul asked Savage.  "A Dathomir witch.  She betrayed me."

"She knows too much, destroy her," he ordered, backhanding Obi-Wan and jumping to the door alongside his brother.  Ventress reappeared behind Obi-Wan, and kneeled down to face him.  "Kenobi don't tell me someone's finally knocked the fight out of you.  Wake up," she whispered, slapping him across the face.  "Ventress?" he mumbled weakly.

"It looks like I'm here to rescue you," she explained.  "When did you become the good guy?" Obi-Wan asked skeptically.  "Don't insult me," she replied.  "Oh! What a lovely sight to wake up to," he joked.  "Don't flatter yourself, Kenobi, you've never been much to look at, especially now," Ventress shot back.  You felt it was a good time to jump down from your posistion, and a smile came across your face.  "Hi," you said.

"The witch and the Jedi," you heard Savage's voice boom

"The witch and the Jedi," you heard Savage's voice boom.  "Here for our taking," Maul added.  You looked up to see the two, lightsabers out and ready to battle.  Obi-Wan stood up, and assumed a fighting stance.  "Oh please, you're in no condition to fight right now.  Just sit your butt down and let the young people handle the fighting," you joked.  "Ah, you have as big a mouth as Kenobi.  Let us see if you can back it up," Maul interjected.

You activated your lightsaber and assumed a stance.  "Ahsoka, get Obi-Wan to safety," you commanded.  "Why me?  I wanna fight!" she whined.  "Fine then.  You pick one.  I'll get him to safety," you compromised.  Ahsoka took one hard look at the angry brute and the even angrier cyborg.  "Actually, you know what?  I changed my mind."  You nodded smugly and charged at Maul.

You swung for his head, but he blocked high.  You then aimed for his legs, but once again, he blocked every attack, standing his ground.  You took another swing at his head, which he ducked, and he caught you in a lightsaber lock, which he won.

  You took another swing at his head, which he ducked, and he caught you in a lightsaber lock, which he won

You stumbled backwards and Maul grabbed you with one of his talon-like feet, slamming you into a crate. The impact crushed the crate, and left you struggling on the floor. "Ow," you groaned. "It would seem you are just another youngling," he taunted. Your hand roamed around the now shattered crate, and grabbed a handful of spice from it. You threw it in Maul's eyes, causing him to growl in anger.

"Heh. You were saying?" you joked, getting back up on your feet. You spun your lightsaber several times to gain momentum, and struck Maul once again.  Your strikes now contained more precision yet power, which the Zabrak was not expecting.  You backed him into a corner, causing him to duck again to avoid your fury.

You force pulled hum towards you, and tripped him so he fell headfirst to the floor.  Meanwhile, Ventress was punching Savage in the face.  "Come on!  I don't have all day!" you shouted to her.  She force pushed him into a wall and followed you to the ship.

"(y/n) I don't think all of us can fit in there," Obi-Wan pointed out.  "Um, I didn't get this far into the plan yet.  Sorry," you nervously admitted.  "It's fine.  We'll find another way," he reassured you, running through the halls of the ship.  Ventress shook her head at you and followed.

You hopped into the ship with Ahsoka and detached from the cargo ship, which was not orbiting Raydonia.  You flew to the front to see and escape pod flying out into space.  It entered hyperspace, and you did too.

~~~

"Well it would seem you disobeyed direct orders again," Obi-Wan said, sitting in a bed in the medical wing.  You were sitting in the chair next to him reading a book.  "That doesn't sound anything like 'thank you (y/n) for saving my life,'" you replied.  "Yes well, I am thankful for that."

"Don't mention it.  I mean it," you said seriously.  Obi-Wan smiled, and so did you.