0.3

if it were up to riley, she would've hid in that bathroom for the next two and a half hours.

but unfortunately, her mother had practically dragged her out of the bathroom kicking and screaming. "you can't stay in here all day, ri. you'll rot."

and much to her dismay, guess who was right outside the bathroom when she was pulled out?

"riley," he said with urgency, although riley didn't know why he had chosen tonight to play nice again.

"calum," she replied, trying to keep her voice as level as possible.

the boy sighed, running his fingers through his hair and messing it up. "please just listen to me! i was angry, okay? it was a stupid thing to do and i know it hurt you a lot but please just hear me out and know that i'm really truly sorry."

riley rolled her eyes dramatically and scoffed. "just because we see each other again in three years doesn't give you the right to... to march in here and beg for forgiveness. you ruined my life! do you realize what everyone thought of me? why would you do something so horrible; we were best friends?"

tears started to prickle in riley's eyes, and she quickly wiped them away without ruining her detailed makeup. "i know that, riley," calum said softly, stepping closer to her and bringing her in for a hug. "and i also want you to know that i'm really really sorry. i was a stupid, fifteen year old boy. i didn't know any better. but trust me, i've grown up."

"i'll believe it when i see it," riley muttered, trying to tear away the arms that were around her.

"so does that mean you forgive me?" calum grinned, a sly smile appearing on his face.

she shut her eyes, groaning as she finally managed to push the boy off of her. "no, it means if you show me that you've changed then we can be friends again. i want to be friends with the calum before all this shit happened. i miss you."

friends.calum didn't want to be friends. he wanted to be more, but he would never tell her until later.

and the sudden realization came into both of their minds. they had actually missed each other. it took riley a little longer to realize thatーthree years, to be exactーbut it took calum a day. the day after he spread the rumor, he knew she wouldn't forgive him. not right away, at least. and he knew he had to give her time before she came back around again.

he didn't know it would take three years, either.

"i miss you too, ri. i really do."

she gave him a tentative smile, but she knew he was treading on thin ice. this boy had ruined her life, and she wasn't going to let him back in that easily. she had walls built up, and it was his job to break them back down again.

but he sounded so convincing. and he looked so good. and fuck calum hood for randomly reappearing back into her life years later looking and acting the way he did.

their sudden moment of intimacy was broken by mali, who had grown a considerable height since riley last saw her. "cal, i brought someーriley?"

riley gave her a small wave as mali squealed in excitement, shoving the drinks in calum's hands before engulfing her into a tight hug. "babe, i missed you so much!"

"hey mali," riley laughed.

"why don't you come around anymore?" mali asked curiosly, pulling away and grabbing her drink back from calum.

riley shrugged, shifting uncomfortably. "i just got busy, i guess."

mali nodded understandingly. "well, i'll leave you two to talk. you've got some catching up to do!"

she said her goodbyes and left, and the tension returned. calum coughed awkwardly and riley watched him.

god, he was beautiful.

all the while, calum looked at her too. sometimes she would look around and grab her opposite arm, holding it tight against her skinny body.

and he thought she was beautiful too.

-

THIS WAS SO BAD WOW

such a filler but hey! basically she half forgave him! yippee!

i literally want her to forgive him fast so we can get to the good shit! hallelujah!

ok vote comment and have an awesome day i loVE YOU :--))