keeping up with Merissa's life😜

Chapter one

Merissa's POV

I'm so done with love, relationships
and everything to do with it. Am I even human? why are all my friends in relationships? it's like they have everything figured out,seems I'm the only lost one🙄

Lost in thought at the verge of drowning in her tears, Merissa was distracted by a sudden vibration of her phone come to seeing Ashandré's name popping up.

Ashandré 😊❤️: hey girl I miss you! I'll be there in a week's time hope you excited just as much as I'm to see you 😜
Me: hey yeah I'm so looking forward to seeing you and all the things we're gonna do,I miss you too😌 shorrrty...

Ashandré is one of Merissa's friends,she knew her the longest of all her friends. What she didn't know was how to categories their relationship because they were neighbours, known each other since they were little. Ashandré is one that runs on her mouth just like all Merissa's friends. They were all quite outspoken (extroverts), outgoing whereas Merissa on the other hand was an introvert,more shy and reserved which made it almost close to impossible for her to socialize. Merissa hardly ever went out, indoors was her kind of thing. Not that she didn't want to go out and have fun but her parents,YOH!😳 They were too strict and wouldn't allow her to stay out too long or late,they also didn't tolerate shit especially her father which probably is why she didn't even worry herself with wanting boys and all. She made sure not to like anyone and not to pop her cherry 🍒 in her high school years unlike all her friends who had the experienced in popping their cherries🍒.

Present Day...

I stood up from my bed walking towards the bathroom after replying to Ashandré's text. I didn't feel it I'm not going to lie and I miss her I don't know if I want to spend time with her. It's been years she moved to another town and our bond also took a drift with it. I just wasn't feeling it🤷🏽‍♀️
I walked in the bathroom did my hygiene and wore my black jeans and kinna neon tank top with my black flats. I had a weave on so it was laid back in low ponytail. And so I was ready to head to my afternoon classes. Classes started at 2pm and ended at 5pm... It was exactly 2:30pm so I took my backpack from where I previously had left it and off I was footing to the school where I attended my part time classes.

I decided upon improving my grades since I didn't do so well in qualifying to further my studies at any tertiary institution. Which was a hard blow for me it took a while to accept that I wasn't going to a university the next year after I matriculated,but yeah it is what is😏
I reached school just just. I went in seeing other students in corridors, sitting on benches and other lining up across the classrooms where I also joined the queue just as I joined the queue the tutor came,went in for first session and when it was done went for the next and hours later my second subject session was over. Classes were okay today I said to myself. Now all I need to do is go home, take a nice bath and hop into bed and knock myself out to sleep.

SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP!😴😴😴 Is all that played in my mind🤭

Walking out of the gate on my own just as usual I decided to listen to music, something I loved😍 music is just therapeutic 🥰😍 I plugged in my headsets on going through my playlists coming across Anxiety by Anna Clendenin one of my faves I then played it turning the volume on full blast escaping into my little own world but careful enough not to walk in the cars on the road.