¹⁹ ❘❘ ᵘᵐᵇʳᵉˡˡᵃ ༉·₊˚✧

Start from the beginning

As your eyes trail to his back that was shrinking further and further from your sight, you couldn't help but think how sweet he is. Despite knowing that you don't see him the same way he does, he still show that he cares for your well-being.

'What did I even do to make him like me anyway?'

"Hey Y/N, didn't know you're still here."

Hearing the familiar baritone voice that broke you out from your thoughts, you wheel around and face the charcoal haired captain of your team. Like you, he's also appareled in your school uniform that consists of a midnight blue vest, a long-sleeved button up top, and a dark teal pants. "Aren't you running late to your shift?"

"Oh. Hey, Tetsurou..." you greet casually in a low voice, eyeing him as he skid into halt to stand in your right side. "I already notified Keiji that I'll be a little late today. He said tío Reji's alright with it."

"Is that so..." he trailed off and dawdle his attention on the pouring rain before him, watching it wet thoroughly the once dry ground. To make some more noise just because he feels like it, he began to whistle an off pitch tune.

Moving your gaze away from the small book you're reading, you noted the paper he's pressing against his chest. While some of them were just graded assignments, you notice that a few others looked to be math and science tests. Both of those nearly had perfect scores, and you smile softly as you spotted a few doodles of volleyball, flowers, and cats on the corner. "You really like science, huh?"

He turn again to you and raises a brow when you slightly pucker your lips to point at his papers. Kuroo laughs in such a carefree way, almost making you feel jealous of his laidback nature. "Yeah, I do. And it's really fun making a bunch of insults using science too. Especially when they don't get what it means instantly."

Snorting at his frankness, you drag your gaze back to the surface of the booklet's paper to resume on what you're doing previously. The captain got curious why you were so indulged in reading that small material, so he cranes his neck and use his superior height for his advantage to try get a gist on what's written on it. "What're you reading?"

You spare him a glance that lasted for a millisecond before you shrug nonchalantly. "A fan fiction... I guess? One of my classmate asked me to proofread this since it's in english. She said she wanted to practice her skills."

The said story genre piques his interest. He open his mouth to ask what the piece was about, but already knowing what his probable follow up question would be, you speak again before he could, "It's actually about you." You mumble and flick to the last page. "No worries, it's just a bunch of sappy scenarios. Nothing too extreme."

His brain lags for a second. Letting the information that you cleared up to him sink in his brain. Now more interested than before upon his discovery that the subject is him, he inch closer to you to get a better look. "Really? What am I like there?"

Kuroo's inquiry causes you to heave out a languid sigh, head swerving from side to side to show your disappointment. "Not gonna lie, your personality was so farfetched in the story. They made you the type of guy who's cheeky and very flirtatious, with a ten out of ten flirting skills." You huff out and your face crinkles in a subtle grimace. "Her writing style and grammar is fine, but still... I'm trying not to cringe so much."

Laughter bubbles from him again, deceiving the awkwardness that's hidden within his system. Well, he couldn't blame people for thinking him as that kind of person. They tend to judge him based on his looks and the aura he radiates.

"Finally..." you exhales, slamming the book close after reading the last line and shove it deep inside your bookbag. Hoping not to dig it up ever again as you fixate him an apologetic look, also on the behalf of your classmate. "I'm sorry, it must be making you uncomfortable and doesn't sit well with you. Don't worry, I-I'll ask her to put this down as soon as I point out the errors she made."