[1] - hot

It was the first day of senior year and I couldn't be any less excited. I was looking forward to seeing my friends, but the classes and homework overload? Not so much.

It didn't help that it was much too hot for a September day. It should've been at least a little bit autumn-like, but it was almost as if the summer felt like it wanted to linger on just a bit beyond its timeframe.

With that in mind, I saw something weird. I was just catching up with my friends, laughing and talking, when my eyes caught sight of a girl I had never seen before sitting against the wall, playing with the freakishly long sleeves of her sweater. Even in my t-shirt, I was sweating buckets, so I didn't want to imagine what she was going through.

"What are you staring at, Soobin?" Beomgyu asked me, following my gaze as I must not have been paying attention to whatever conversation was playing out.

"That girl," I said bluntly. "She looks hot, doesn't she?"

My cheeks coloured red as I realized how that sounded and my friends all laughed at me with cheeky smirks, only teasing leaving their lips.

"That came out wrong," I quickly said, the blush still remaining on my face. "I meant she's wearing a huge sweater in this boiling heat."

Yeonjun shrugged. "I don't know, maybe it's a fashion statement."

"Who is that anyway?" Taehyun questioned. "I don't think I've ever seen her before."

"Must be a new kid or something," Kai suggested and the others seemed to agree to this and changed the subject to a new movie that was coming out.

After one last glance at the sweater girl, I turned back to my friends and joined in on their conversation, brushing it off.