"Language, Skeppy!" I sighed as I picked him up, his legs wrapping around my waist and arms 'round my neck as I transferred him into the chair.  "Hurry up Bad!" He cried. "Ok, ok! I'm sorry!" I quickly push I'm out of the room and done the hall to get him to the bathroom. When we got there he immediately tried to stand up but ultimately failed and started to fall. I obviously caught him and help him stand and walk in. Do you think you can use the bathroom on your own," my voice laced with concern.

"Yes, I'm fine! I'll figure it out." He swatted me off and leaned his weight on one of the bars on the wall. "Are you sur-", "Yes yes, Bad what are you gonna do watch me as I pee?! I'm fine I swear now go!"

"Ugh fine," I said walking out, "I'm right outside if you need me call me." Two minutes later the door opens and he's standing there looking at the ground, "Chair." He says. You can see how he was struggling with his legs shaking and the subtle fact that he was clutching to the door frame with one of his hands.

"Oh my goodness," I muttered as pushed the wheelchair towards him causing him to collapse in the seat, "Why didn't you ask for help you muffin head?"

"Because I'm a big boy!" He pouted. I couldn't help but roll my eyes. It's crazy how childish he can be. Not soon after we left the hospital and when I say stepping outside was a blessing I was not kidding. All the stress that was built up while in there flew off my shoulders and I can tell it was the same for Skeppy. A nurse helped wheel Skeppy to the car and I carried him in the car and buckled him in. I drove us back to his house and the first thing we did was sleep. We were both physically and mentally exhausted. We were happy to finally be home and alone.

When we awoke again it was 6 pm, we missed lunch so we were pretty hungry. I started cooking some chicken and rice and we ate in bed. We quickly finished and put the dishes on the nightstand to be cleaned tomorrow and we chilled, that is 'til Zak remembered something from earlier and becomes red again, "You never told me what I got to do for you to give me more attention..." He said leaning closer to me and laying a hand on my thigh. I blushed but I booped his nose and gently pushed him back.

"I'll give you your attention but you'll have to wait to know what I want," I said with a cheeky grin. His face immediately drops to a pout as he wines, "But Baaaaaaaad! I don't wanna wait!"

"Too bad you potato. It will be worth it, now come here."

6 years later

Everyone already knows where a couple by now and moved in together, the community was extremely supportive which was what we expected but it's still surprising to me. Our friends were very supportive as well though I would have liked going without their muffiny jokes. We told our family and even though most of them were loving and supportive sadly some people in my family weren't as much. Of course, that hurt me a bit but it was to be expected since my family is more old school but I didn't care cause Zak was there to cheer me up. He was always there for me. That's why I'm so glad to be doing what I'm going to do today.

"Zak?" It took a few seconds before poking his head from around the wall.

"Huh?"

"I made reservations for us at a fancy restaurant at 5 so can you dress extra nice?"I said

"Oooo, A date?" He says walking to me wrapping his arms 'round my waist and kissing my nose, "We haven't done that in a while."

"I thought it was a good time," I smiled laying my hands around his neck to match his hands on me as we swayed softly back and forth and staring lovingly into each other, "So are you down?"

He giggled, "Of course, babe, but I want cuddles and kisses before we get ready." He said as he pushed me on the couch and crawled on top of me before laying down on me burying his face in the crook of my neck. "You're warm," he mumbled making a tingling sensation go down my spine. I sighed placing my hand on the back of his head. "You're an absolute muffin."