11

Part 11
      of
       Happier Than Ever

Part 11      of        Happier Than Ever

☽✳︎

      FOR THE REST OF THE NIGHT Winnie was left restless. She couldn't tell if it was over the fact that she had just seen her landlord in his underwear and a button up, or if it was the fact that if she had agreed, it would have been the most action she'd of had in months.

Both were possible choices.

"Last night was awful" Winnie greeted the group, cutting off Schmidt's banter over Kanye and their nonexistent friendship, "Like, am I so out of the game that the only person who wants to sleep with me is a 60 year old divorced guy?"

"Hey, I was apart of that too," Nick added on, causing Winnie to groan louder.

"You farther prove my point, thank you"

"Winnie, you're right, you are out of the game," Schmidt agreed, along with a nod from Winston, "Let us take you out tonight, okay, so you can feel like you're going on a date again. We can teach you some things"

Winnie nodded at Schmidt's words before pausing, "If this ends in some weird foursome, I think I'm moving out" Winnie countered, thinking about the previous night once again. "I genuinely think I'm scarred."

"At least he didn't try to massage you" Nick glared, leading Winnie to snicker in response.

"Oh please," She teased, scrunching her nose,
     "You totally liked that part."

☽✳︎

         WINNIE SAT ALONE AT THE TABLE drumming her fingers against her plate as she waited for her friends arrive

         WINNIE SAT ALONE AT THE TABLE drumming her fingers against her plate as she waited for her friends arrive. It had been a total of 10 minutes after the time they agreed to meet, so her hope to 'get back into the game' was starting to fall. Every time she would hear the doors of the restaurant open, she would look up, immediately being disappointed by the results.

Winnie glanced at her phone, deciding it was time to call the person who was responsible for these plans.

"Where are you Schmidt?!" She hissed into the phone, getting a few glances from the people who sat near her. "This place is too fancy. I don't know which fork to use to kill myself with"

"I gotta bail!" Schmidt happily spoke in the phone, "Kanye is at this club tonight!"

"Schmidt this is so embarrassing" she groaned into the phone, "Do you know how many bread baskets I've already gone through?! - Oh, thank you," she pulled the phone away, thanking the waitress as she placed yet another plate of bread in front of her.

"I can't miss this, Winnie!" Schmidt defended himself, "I even brought Winston here to prove that I can be friends with black people, even oddly shaped ones!"

"That doesn't even- what, damnit Schmidt," Winnie was now at a loss for words, "This is ridiculous, I'm going to leave," She stated, before hanging up on him.

Winnie huffed as she stood up and pushed her seat back into the table. The girl began to make her way to the exit before meeting the eyes of a familiar face.

"Did Schmidt tell you he was bailing for Kanye?" Nick asked, causing Winnie to laugh.

"He may have mentioned it," She played along, pulling him outside the restaurant, "I would have offered to stay here, but after looking at those prices, I'd say it's not worth it."

"So, where were you thinking then?" He asked, following her as she lead him through the streets.

"I don't know if you've ever heard of it," She smiled, grabbing onto his hand so he could keep
up with her, "It's very underground," She added on, spotting her destination a block away.

At the sight, her smile widened and she began to pull him faster towards the restaurant. Despite the heavy traffic, Winnie could still hear him chuckle when he finally realized.

"Welcome to the Golden Arches!" She proudly spoke, raising her hands up excitedly, "or better known as,

        Mcdonalds!"

☽✳︎

Part 11
      of
       Happier Than Ever