I. The Mandalorian

Start from the beginning

The two lightsabers deactivate as the Jedis get into the elevator, getting to the floor where the last Imperial droids stand. The elevator dings as Mando and his kid watch and Cara and Fennec hold their weapons at the door.

The Jedis come out swinging their lightsabers and deflect the rifles' fires. Then they easily slay the darktroopers remaining and approach the door.

Din picks Grogu up as he tilts his little head

"Open the doors" but nobody moves, coursing him to repeat. "I said, open the doors"

"Are you crazy?" asks Fennec

The Mandalorian puts the child down on a chair and presses the button that opens the doors, revealing the lightsabers glowing in the smoke.

The Jedi step forward

*Kaira's point of view*

Droids are so lame, there's no fun in battling them. I have to say these ones were a little better.
Once my master slays the last one we both stand in front of the door, I hear voices inside but I can't get what they say.

After a few seconds the doors open and we step inside the room with our lightsabers still on.
Inside there is a group of people: some of them are completely covered in metal armor, then there are two other women. One of the armored beings has a green baby close to him. It must be the youngling we are here to retrieve.

My master and I deactivate our weapons and reveal ourselves.
I take off my hood setting free my shoulder-length light brown hair.

I see the child blinking his eyes looking at Luke.

"Are you Jedis?" asks the man near him.

We got a Sherlock here.

"We are" answers my master before extending his hand towards the kid "Come, little one"
He turns his head towards the armored man, uncertain, and cooes.

Then the man speaks again "He doesn't want to go with you"
I look at the kid, he doesn't seem like he wants to refuse, more like he doesn't know if he can, so I speak
"He wants your permission"
The man turns to me, and I wonder what he is to the kid. Could he be his father? Or just a guardian? By the looks he couldn't be related to him... But I can't see his face so I cannot know.

"He is strong with the force" Luke speaks again "but talent without training is nothing. I will give my life to protect the Child, and so my Padawan, but he won't be safe until he master his abilities"

The man picks up the baby and looks at him "Hey, go on" he says sweetly "That's who you belong with. They're your kind"

Now I'm sure, he's definitely his dad, biologically or not.

"I'll see you again. I promise" he continues as the kid tries to reach for him cooing. With his tiny hand he touches the helmet, which is taken off by the man seconds later.

He reveals his face,with his brown hair and a shaven beard. His brown eyes stay on those of the child, tears forming. He looks really sad. I glance at his friends, who look kind of shocked by the gesture. That makes me think it is the first time he does it. This makes me immediately recognise his kind, I only heard stories of it, but I'm sure. He is a Mandalorian, how couldn't I get it sooner? They have the rule to never take off their helmet in front of other beings, but here he is breaking it for the child. He must be really important to him.

I look back at the bittersweet scene, and the kid also looks surprised, and he raise his hand again, this time to stroke his chin. The Mandalorian smiles
"All right, pal" he says with his real voice, not muffled by the helmet, almost breaking "It's time to go"

The kid lowers his ears, sad, and whines.
"Don't be afraid" his eyes still haven't let the tears fall. He puts the child on the ground, and the little one still looks at him touching his leg, to memorize the face he long waited to see.

In that moment R2-D2 steps in next to me and beeps. This seem to interest the kid, causing him to turn and waddle to it. As R2 keeps beeping the youngling cooes again with his ears back up. The Droid rocks back and forth to his legs, happy for our new friend.

My master and the Mandalorian exchange a nod, then Luke picks up the child staring into his eyes. The kid looks at me too exploring my face, I look at him with a smile, then I turn my gaze back to the Mandalorian.
"May the force be with you" I say to him, who remains still looking at me.

My master turns and start walking away with the child
"I'll protect him I promise" I say with a reassuring smile "Goodbye everyone"
The Mandalorian gives me a silent "Thank you" look before looking again at his kid

"Come on R2, let's go" I call the droid before I start following Luke, seeing that the kid is still looking at his mentor over his shoulder.

We enter the elevator again and I look one last time at the man, that has a sad smile, and his friends, frozen behind him looking at us. I decide in this moment that I will reunite these two soon.
The Mandalorian nods at his kid smiling with his eyes full of tears.

Then the elevator closes.

A/N

Hello everyone. I had the idea for this fan fiction, and I thought it would be fun to try to write it.
First of all I need you to be kind with comments about the mistakes I make with grammar or words, English is not my first language.
Second I have to be honest. I can't promise the chapters will be all as long as this one, but I'll try.

I'd be really happy if you commented on the parts you find most fun or important. I'm the kind of Wattpad reader that loves to make funny comments and make others laugh... So if you feel like writing anything in the comments I absolutely won't be mad.
If you liked this chapter you can turn the empty vote-star into a happy full orange one.
See you next chapter!

-Haar'chak_Kaira