Although my dick is hard - well it is pressed against her ass - , I  snuggle closer to her and I hold her tight.

Then there's peace .

My eyes pop open , when I do that , I realise that the bedside is empty. With this realization,  I bolt up from the bed .

My feet pad against the floors as I search for her in the closet and bathroom .

"Cass?" I whisper-yell . No answer follows that .

I walk out of our room and realise that the light in the nursery is on .

Hero is fast asleep , although not the way I had put him , his head is now facing the other end of the bed. 

Cass is sitting on the rocking chair . Her arm is on the cort bed and her head is on her arm. She is fast asleep.

Her face is covered with dried tears , her nose is blood red and her lips form a perfect line .

I lift her up into my arms and walk back to our bedroom. I drop her onto our bed , and I hold her waist again .

My poor wife .

A week later.

My phone rings and I immediately pick up without checking the caller ID .

"Hello ?" I say as I stare at Cass breastfeeding our son.

"Hey Ace , how are you guys doing?" Kim's voice speaks.

"Oh , hi Kim . I'm doing fine , but she isn't. " I say honestly , watching her looking into Hero's beautiful eyes .

"She still hasn't said anything?" She asks , concern lacing her voice.

"No , she tries to say things but it's usually one worded replies like yes or no.  " I explain , I hear a quiet 'Hmm'

I imagine her nodding her head in understanding . The way she always does .

"Lord knows how many times I have to go pick her up from the nursery and bring her to our bed . And as much as I'd love to leave her there ,because it seems like she's at peace when she's with Hero , she just doesnt look comfortable ." I add.

"I am out of ideas . I have no idea what we should do now ." She sighs .

"I think she's traumatized,  I mean Ja- I mean he was shot right infront of her . She heard , saw and even felt everything. " I say . I try as much as I can not to mention Jason's name infront of her .

We dont know what triggers her , but the doctor says that she might have episodes if this doesnt change in a month .

"You know , I have a great therapist.  She could see her and we'll see from then." Kim says , I nod along then suddenly remember that she cant see me .

"Yea." I agree. Cass stands with fast asleep Hero in her arms. She walks up the stairs.

"I'll send you her details right now . I've got to go , say hi to Hero for me." She says .

"Bye ." I reply , then end the call .

I follow Cass's foot steps up the stairs . She is sitting on the rocking chair , watching Hero sleep with a ghost of a smile on her face .

"A word?" I ask her .

She nods then stands from the chair ..I head to our bedroom . After a few seconds she enters too .

"Yes?" She asks .

"You need to see a therapist. " I say blankly .

"What? No." She says monotonously .

"Cass , I'm not asking you . " I say to her.  Her eyes tear up as she looks up at me.

"You cant force me." She bites out .

"I'm doing this because I care about you Cass , because I cant stand to watch you like this every time . " I say to her , tears forming in my own eyes .

"I'm okay Ace , end of discussion. " she says .

"You're not okay Cassandra, you're not fucking okay !" I say to her .

"Ace , our son is in the next room. " She says , scolding me for cursing .

"Cass , you can't go on like this . It's as if everything you do is mechanical,  it's something you're programmed to do . I cant watch that . It pains me everytime. " I say to her . Trying my hardest to sound convincing .

"Then dont look at me." She holds her ground .

"Cassandra what the fuck? Is this how it's going to be? Is this how you want to be for the rest of your life?

Is this how you want to raise our son? Is this the future you want for him? A disengaged mother and a father who works his arse off for hours?

Be fair Cass , if not for me then for Hero . He needs you more than you could have ever imagined , I need you . Please Cass , you have to take therapy .

I know Jason would've wanted that for you." Feeling the tears in my eyes all scattered on my cheeks .

I push the blankets open and snuggle into them . The night sky looks magnificent. 

I barely close the curtains , mainly because the ceiling to floor windows reveal the most beautiful views of the sky and the city.

I hear her footsteps fading to out the bedroom .

I feel really bad about how I spoke to her , but it had to be said . She had to know , I cant watch her throw her life away like that .

I love this woman , and I'd do anything to help .

I close my eyes and fall asleep , it's been a really long week .

Author's note.

Hello!!! I know I've been AWOL for some time , but I apologise and I promise to make it up to you❤

Did you enjoy this chapter ? Add some comments 😚❤

Vote , comment and recommend 💖

Nic275 ❤💍🧚‍♀️