3.

Zayn's POV

It had been about a week and Alexia still wasn't speaking to us. She wasn't even signing to Niall. No matter how hard we tried, we couldn't get her to participate in anything.

All she did was lay on her bed, staring at the ceiling. She would eat, but in very small amounts and hardly ever.She showered, but we knew that something was up.

It was about May, so she didn't need to go to school, but she would in the near future, just maybe not yet.

Our tour wasn't for three weeks and I was really worried about Alexia. We could take her with us, but the fans didn't know about her. We could leave her here, but none of us wanted to because she could get hurt.

I knocked lightly on the door and Alexia didn't look up from her mix table:

I hear Jerusalum bells a-ringing

Roman calvary choirs a-singing

Be my mirror, my sword, my shield

my missionaries in a foreign field.

I sat in a chair near her," Are you okay, Alexia? Me and the lads, we're worried about you."

She shook her head. I grabbed her chin and gently forced her to look at me in the eyes,"We aren't going to leave you, Alexia. We wouldn't do that. So, tell us why you're so quiet. Why what Niall did scared you. Help us understand."

Alexia quietly got up and opened a drawer that held a shoebox. I thought I saw a gleam of metal, but instantly brushed away the thought that she would cut herself. She handed me a black leather book, but flipped to a page. I was about to take then journal from her when she pulled it back,"Just this page, Zayn. The boys can see too, but just this page." I nodded and carried it down to the lads.

We sat for the next hour, crying over this diary entry:

Hi again. It's been a long time since I wrote here. I haven't had a free moment.

My dad did something to me today. He pulled down my pants and underwear and did unspeakable things to me. He said that if I told anyone at school, I would get in trouble and he would do it again.

Mom didn't come home last night. Dad said she's never coming home after what he did to her.

Mom abandoned me, Carter abandoned me and now Dad is gone too.

He's coming. I have to go...

-Alexia

I went to put Alexia's journal back when I saw she was passed out on the bed. She was exhausted, poor love.

I glanced down at the book. A few more pages couldn't hurt, right? I carried the book back downstairs.

We found out who Carter was. There was a picture of him. Blonde-ish hair, like Alexia's. Jade eyes. Bright smile. Carter was Alexia's older brother. He went to college at Stanford. When he came out as asexual, he got bulled a lot and killed himself on the eve of his 21st birthday, about 2 years after he first got to Stanford.

We never even heard the footsteps. If we had, we would've had time to make an excuse.

"I knew that you guys weren't mature, but I thought I had a little privacy." I stiffened at the sound of Alexia's hurt voice.

We all turned around and I answered," Alexia-"

"Save it. You want to know everything? Fine." I noticed she was holding the shoebox. She dumped it on the table. A bloody razor and a knife fell out, along with a pen that she wrote in her journal with.

We gasped at the sight of the objects. She then proceeded to lift up her shirt, leaving her bra on, showing her scars that zigzagged her stomach. She then pulled her sweatpants off. Scars laced her legs as well.

We all gasped at the sight of this," That journal was my only safe haven. Now that is been invaded, I might as well put everything out there." She replied, her voice not wavering in the slightest.