I say to him calmly while leaning relaxed against the wall. I've had confrontations with people 10X more intimidating than this preppy spoiled boy.

"Who are you to talk? You met her in jail."

I stiffen and squint my eyes at him, giving him the deadliest stare I can muster. How dare he talk to me like that.

"You better shut your damn mouth."

I threaten slowly. He chuckles darkly.

"You'll see. I'm going to win Lucy back. I won't stop trying until she says she will get back with me."

How disrespectful that he won't even account for how Lucy is feeling. Even with the strong feelings I have for her, I would walk away if she asked. I would never force her into anything. Of course I will fight like hell for her though.

"You better watch it, Lucy is mine."

I growl, pushing a finger into his chest for impact. Again, Kyle laughs lowly.

"We'll see."

Kyle gives me a death glare and leaves to walk down the hallway, ominous and brewing. I clench my fist and take some deep breaths. If he comes near my Lucy again, I don't know if I'll be able to hold back. Something about Lucy makes all my protective instincts go on high alert. I care for her so much, I don't want that manipulating bastard to hurt her again.

Lucy's POV

Walking into the kitchen at 4pm a few days later, I see Kiera and Michelle cooking away in the kitchen with food spread out all over the counters.

"Good Morning Sleepyhead!"

Both Kiera and Michelle greet while cutting up different vegetables. Last night, the emergency unit at my clinic was short staffed, so I ended up staying until six am. Exhausted, I slept in all day.

"What are you guys up to? It looks like a grocery store threw up all over this kitchen!"

I say while plopping down on one of the bar stools.

"We are making dinner because we invited Braden over for dinner."

Michelle says cooly, turning around to drop some cut potatoes into a pot on the stove. I freeze.

"WHAT! When? Why?"

I exclaim immediately hopping up from the bar stool and frantically combing out my hair with my fingers.

"Relax, he is coming in an hour. Michelle and I have been wanting to meet him ever since you started writing to him, but you never introduced us. We are taking matters into our own hands."

I roll my eyes and sit back down on the stool again.

"You could have just told me!? I would have invited him over!"

"Every time we bring him up, you blush and stumble over your words. And, if we talked to you about it first, you never would have said yes."

I sigh and begrudgingly agree.

"I guess. Do you need any help? What are you making?"

Michelle and Kiera brush me off.

"We are making shepherds pie, and no we don't need help. Go shower! We can smell you from all the way over here."

Kiera says lightheartedly while stirring the pot on the stove. I laugh and blame the smell on the broccoli that is cooking. Walking into my room, I start getting ready for this dinner by showering and picking out an outfit. Hopefully tonight goes well. Even though Kiera and Michelle are the most supportive friends I have, they are very judgmental of any boys that I bring around. I know they want the best for me, but it can get kind of annoying. I think they will like Braden though. He really is the most thoughtful guy I have been with, not to mention his amazing sex appeal. Just thinking about him turns me on.