Looking at all their faces light up as they walked down to the front of the hall made my heart warm. I wonder if we looked like that last year. As he walked past me Draco gave me a little wave and as I waved back to him, I could hear a girl talking about the enchanted ceiling to another. Sounds like a new Ravenclaw to me.

McGonagall started the sorting ceremony and Hufflepuff got the first two students, Hannah Abbott and Susan Bones. Terry Boot and Mandy Brocklehurst went to Ravenclaw, and Millicent Bulstrode was the first Slytherin. I was starting to lose intertest until Gryffindor started getting a few new students and our table was now also erupting with cheers like the rest of them. A girl called Hermione Granger sat down beside me, she looked absolutely terrified, so I gave her a smile as the next person was also sorted into Gryffindor.

Finally, it was Draco's turn and as he walked up to the stage I heard "Oww Lissa." I turned around to see that I had been squeezing Fred's hand without realising.

"Sorry Fred. I'm just nervous in case he doesn't get Slytherin." I turned back to watch Draco and as McGonagall was about to place the hat on his head it shouted "Slytherin!" I jumped up and cheered for him and the entire hall looked at me as if I had twelve heads. Draco waved at me and ran over to the Slytherin table. I sat back down and Fred said, "Don't think you needed to worry, the hat didn't even get a chance to touch his head."

"It defiantly runs in the family." I giggled.

Fred and I went back to watching the ceremony as Heather was called forward and yet again the hat barely touched her head before it shouted "Slytherin!" I looked over at Holly and she was in complete shock I looked back at Heather who was also in complete shock as she walked slowly over to her new house who were cheering for her.

We tried pulling Holly out of her daze, telling her it's okay, she'll be fine, I told her I would get Draco to look after her, but it was no use until Harry Potter's name was called and the entire room was focused on his sorting. It took a little longer than everyone else, but after a bit of suspense he was sorted into Gryffindor and my group of friends and I started shouting "We got Potter, we got Potter!" Until our whole table joined in.

After everyone and their grandmother got a handshake in with the poor boy it was finally Ron's turn and without a doubt the last Weasley boy was sorted into Gryffindor. It defiantly runs in the family.

Once the last student, Blaise Zabini, was sorted into Slytherin, Dumbledore gave his start of year speech, explaining the forbidden forest and also, that this year the third-floor corridor is out of bounds, unless we want to die a most painful death, terrifying the entire school.

The feast began, the faces of every first year lighting up at the food appearing out of thin air on the tables. As we started to eat, Holly, Maddi and I started to get to know the new girl who had sat down beside me.

Hermione seemed nice although she was a bit off a know it all once she started to come out of her shell. Turns out she's muggle born so her and Holly started to ignore the rest of us as they went deeper into conversation.

As the table changed from dinner to desert, I asked the boy's. "So, have any ideas for our first night back prank?"

"We were thinking of using some of the fireworks you got us tonight." Replied Fred.

"And do what with them?"

"What do you think about sending Filch on a wild goose chase round the castle tonight?" Asked George.

"Setting off one firework at a time and then running to another corridor to set off another one." Said Fred.

"I'm in."