I Am Back But Not For Your Apology

Draco flew beside us as Tony carried me back to the place of my nightmares. My stomach tightened the whole trip, I wasn't afraid, for the most part.

I wanted to see Loki. If what Tony said was true then I really want to see Loki. But from what I know is that Loki can manipulate and change in a split second.

I didn't take anything with me, I didn't really have anything of importance except Draco and he was right by my side.

It took us until the next morning to reach the compound and now, it was right in front of us. I started to have a panic attack. Draco felt it to as he screeched at Tony and flipped upside down to try and grab me from him.

Draco would always be there when I had nightmares or panic attacks in the past. He was like a best friend. Like an anxiety pet that knows the signs.

Draco ended up rattling Tony enough that he flew to the ground and let me go. "What the hell is your dragon doing?!" Tony yelled.

Draco flew down and ran over to me as I was in full blown panic. I was trembling, and hyperventilating. Draco wrapped his long neck around my shoulder and I grabbed on to him.

"(It's ok)" Draco said. "(I will protect you and keep you safe)"

My breathing slowed down. "I'm scared." I whispered to him.

"(I'm here. It's ok.)"

"Ava? You ok?" Tony was out of his suit and kneeling next to us. "I'm sorry I didn't realize what was going on."

"I'm fine." I let go of Draco and he retracted his neck. "I'm ok." I scratched his neck.

"Are you though?" Tony stood up as I did.

"Yea." I shuttered. "I have Draco, I'm fine."

Tony sighed and went back into his suit. He waved me over and I followed into his embrace. He grabbed me hips and flew back into the sky but stayed close to the ground just in case.

I kept my eyes closed the entire time, afraid what seeing it again will do. There is no way I can do this, even from a glance I have an attack. Maybe this was a bad idea, I should go back. Hide somewhere else with Draco.

"We are here." Tony yelled into the howling wind.

I opened my eyes to see the compound just below, but it was different. It was blooming with plants and trees. The front lawn was a full blown Garden of Eden. I would so love to see it in spring when the flowers are out. It almost looked like it was never the place of slavery and torture.

"I'm going to land by the door, keep your legs tucked in." Tony swooped down and I tucked my legs in as he lowered us to the ground. "Ok, thrusters are down. It's safe to lower your legs."

I lowered my feet to the ground at stood like a statue, looking into the hell of my past, but also the home I always wanted. Draco came up to me and nudged my hand with his head.

"I'm fine." I smiled.

"(No you aren't. I can see you trembling and read your mind.)" Draco growled.

"I hate you sometimes." I chuckled nervously.

Tony cleared his throat. "You guys understand each other?"

"Yea. He has always know English and he grew up and somehow got telepathic abilities."

Tony rises his brows and nodded his head. "Alright then." He turned and headed inside.

As soon as we walk in we are met with the first room I occupied when I was brought here. The once empty space for the women to be plucked is now a room full of plants and a seating area, an indoor garden.

"Yea, Loki loves gardens. He said Asgard had the best before it was destroyed." I nodded and followed Tony more into the building.

The once cold hallways were at a nice warm temperature, the lights turned on to illuminate every corner. Plants followed us as we walked along the paths. It was quiet, but not a scary quiet, a calming quiet.

We walked down more and everything I would of recognized I didn't. Everything was changed. The walls that held the chitaris rooms were taken down and expanded the main room.

"We redecorated. Loki designed it, made it less of a maze and more straight forward layout. Probably since you kept getting lost." Tony scoffed. "The hallways full of rooms is now condensed into a few studio bedrooms for the Avengers, Bruce and mine are a level down with the lab though."

We walked further down and I started to panic again. The hallway that connected Loki's room to mine. Draco stepped in front of me and flapped his wings. I knelt down and hugged him, by heart calming down.

"(Let's just go. Find a new home.)" Draco growled.

"We can't go. I need to do this. I need to see him."

"(Not safe. You are panicking.)"

I pulled away from him. "I have you to help if I do panic." I scratched his chin. "Let me do this." Draco nodded.

I stood back up and nodded to Tony. We continued down the hallway until we stopped at Loki's room.

"Ready?" Tony asked as he raised his knuckles to the door.

"No... I will never be."

"(I'm here.)" Draco growled. I rubbed his head.

I nodded to Tony and he knocked on the door. A faint 'I'm coming' was heard from the other side and a few seconds later the door opened. My breath hitched as I saw his green eyes, burrowing deep into mine. Loki's mouth was agape, his eyes widened and filled with sadness. His skin thinner and paler then the last time I saw him, bags were under his eyes and his stature slouched.

"A-Ava?" Loki stuttered. I nodded. "H-How.... Y-You...." He looked at Tony. "You-you said."

"She was just well hidden." Tony shrugged.

Loki looked back at me, his eyes held so much sadness I wanted to cry. "Ava." Loki stepped forward and reached for me.

My heart raised and my breath staggered. Draco growled at Loki and pushed me back.

"(You see. Let's go home.)" Draco growled.

Loki looked at the dragon then at me. "You?" Loki looked into my eyes. "How did you get into the vault? And how did you get blood in the-." Lokis breath hitched and his eyes became more sad. "Ava?"

I fiddled with my fingers to make it seem as though they weren't trembling. "I broke the panel open and I got cut. Then I guess I touched the egg."

Loki eye started to water. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm so so sorry. I-I.... I'm a monster." He fell onto his knees.

My brows furrowed, Draco nudged my hand and I looked at him. "(Only virgin blood can awaken the dragon egg of my kind.)"

"I'm so sorry, Ava." Loki said, I looked back at him. "I didn't want to hurt you, I couldn't control it. And when I found you I hated myself and wanted to push you away. I-I..."

Tears sprung from my eyes as I watched him, I wanted to hold him. But I was still shaken up, he needs to come to me and hold me and not let go. I need to feel his warmth, his kindness. I need him to hold me and calm me from the panic attack that is bound to happen.

Because I don't hate him.
But I don't know why I need him.

•=•=•=•=•=•=•=• 💛 •=•=•=•=•=•=•=•
Don't Forget To Vote
If You Liked This Chapter

I Always Love Feedback
Good or Bad
Please Feel Free to Comment