𝟬𝟬𝟰. 𝖿𝗋𝗈𝗆 𝗁𝖾𝗋

Start from the beginning

Gulping, she remembered the small incident that partook before Draco ran his mouth off again. She was quiet for some time, Martinus not noticing. She and him weren't really acquaintances - barely are. She hadn't talked to the boy other than yesterday with Ginny - so she doesn't really know what to say. Another thing, she just snapped at him for misinterpreting him.

Hermione didn't know what was wrong - oh, all right. What she did was wrong, and she wanted to apologize. But due to her limited social interaction with other living, and breathing human being other than her own house... Hermione doesn't know how to. It was just - EURGH!

Just one look at his embarrassed expression was enough for Hermione to be more careful with her words. She didn't wang to make the poor boy feel even more of it -

The bushy haired girl huffed with annoyance at herself. Class just ended, and Hermione watched as the boy that invaded her thoughts. And made her think of a way to apologize to him - just practically sprinting away.

So much for apologizing...

• • •

" - Luna, Ginny, this is Valerie Hayes." Martinus introduced the timid Slytherin first year who clutched onto the boy's side like a child would do with their mother. Luna sent the young girl a smile, welcoming Valerie wholeheartedly.

Ginny just gave Valerie a small one, and neither Slytherins could blame the redhead. But hey — at least she was trying.

"Hullo, Val." greeted a voice behind the only boy, making heads turn to the source.

"'Val'?" questioned Martinus at the new arrival, Astoria. She smiled innocently at the boy, opting to just leave him hanging.

This earned him chuckles from Luna and Astoria, and sniggers from Ginny. Valerie just stood at the side, a small, smile on her face. She doesn't know the Ravenclaw and Gryffindor, but she does know Astoria after meeting the blonde at the common room last night.

It was far from cute and warm, unlike Luna and Ginny's had been — mostly Luna. But they both got past that and had slowly gotten closer. Plus, she was closer to Valerie's year than Martinus, Luna and Ginny had been.

Martinus is a fourth year. Both Luna and Ginny are third years. Astoria is the only second year, and Valerie is a first year. Definitely a weird group...

But it works! Sort of.

"So, Martinus - how was C.M.C?" The redhead was the first to strike up a conversation, earning a confused look from Valerie.

""C.M.C"?" Valerie repeats with confusion lacing her voice. "I-Is it some kind of code?" the confidence she had slowly subdued, suddenly shy like she was earlier.

"It's short of 'Care of Magical Creatures'," Luna was the first to answer, looking up from her meal and at the girl with her dreamy tone. "it's quite long, don't you agree? Monty and Ginny shortened it, like another subject, Defense Against the Dark Arts - or D.A D.A."

Valerie nods. "Martinus did say something about C.M.C." said the first year, recalling a very awkward boy telling her about the subject. Turning to the said boy- who looked down -she raises a brow. "And 'Monty'?"