Being Free Isn't Free

Start from the beginning

Suddenly all of the branches underneath of them disappeared.

However, they thought quick and put their feet together, launching themselves away from the curse, and an incoming attack. And then they were back on the ground.

Itadori was the first to the curse, they were throwing punches with each other and dodging each other's attacks so fast my eyes could barely keep up. It has been a very long time since I have had to move this fast. Then Todo came out of nowhere and tried to attack, but was blocked.

Roots blasted out of the ground again, this time between the two. But they quickly came back together.

"Are you alright brother?"

"Perfect!"

"Good. Then it's time to unleash my technique."

"Huh? You didn't use it before?"

Itadori is the funniest little child I think I've ever met. I will never understand how Sukuna doesn't like him.

"However, I have no time to explain my technique! So there's only one thing I can say to you... Don't stop! Believe in me!"

"Okay, that's two though!"

I almost laughed as Todo started to run towards the curse, but his foot was caught in the grasp of a bundle of roots. He was pulled up into the sky and flung about before being thrown back towards a high stack of spiked branches. The curse began attacking Itadori.

Should I do something? Gojo wouldn't be happy if one of the students died.

I heard a clap and suddenly the curse was the one being impaled on the spikes, rather than Todo. 

Oh, I see. He can change places with someone else using cursed energy. That's kind of cool, I haven't really seen anything like that.

They both continued attacking the curse, with Todo clapping every now and then, switching the positions of either him and Itadori, or him and the curse. They had such a large advantage, I wondered what it would be like if it was only Itadori fighting the curse. Or even just Todo.

The curse was trapped between Itadori and Todo as they landed blow after blow. Itadori used the black flash technique hit after hit. He truly is incredible, and he's only just a baby sorcerer. The curse was now beginning to launch its own attacks after seemingly regaining it's senses. However, the two boys still had the upper hand. The curse seemed like it was slowly getting used to Todo's technique as it was beginning to land more blows.

"My delight in this battle isn't waning!" The curse seemed cheerful to have met such strong opponents.

The curse deployed an attack with little flower blossoms that had ferocious little mouths. They were sent flying in the direction of Itadori and Todo, chomping their little teeth as they were flung. Todo clapped and swapped the places of Itadori and the curse.

"Todo, no!"

But before the attack could hit the boy, he formed his cursed energy around him and deflected the attack rather easily. I could feel Itadori's relief, and the curses shock as the two boys began attacking again.

Todo pulled a cursed tool pretty much out of thin air before whipping the curse across the jaw with it. It sent the curse backwards, breaking off it's eye antennas. It was only after that I realized Itadori was gone, meaning Todo must have switched Itadori with the cursed weapon.

"I didn't want to use this if I didn't have to...

Domain exp-"

The curse popped.

Burst into a spray of blood, it's body nowhere to be seen.

What the hell?

I can feel it. It was a curse. It was strong.

Too strong.

A flash went across the sky as the veil started to fall, but it was too late.

"Well, hello Mother. It's so nice to finally see you when you're awake."