Back to Our Regualarly Scheduled Prog...

Începe de la început

It was quite a long walk but that was the one thing that I would never be able to complain about. I would rather walk 100,000 miles barefooted than be tortured for a second more. I noticed the hardness of the ground changing when we left the stone path and moved indoors to the wooden planks.

Twisting through the hallways and corridors, Gojo eventually stopped in front of me. I heard the door creak open before he stepped in. He gave an energetic greeting to the teacher from the other school, Utahime. She always seemed pretty annoyed with his attitude, but everyone around here always seemed to be. That was why I thought we avoided them so much. Gojo took his seat and I could hear the leather squeaking and rubbing together against his sudden weight.

"We're starting in one minute. Now, let's hear a few words of well-appreciated encouragement from Utahime-sensi." He said in to the speaker, I heard it echo through the cameras that were strewn across the walls for them to watch.

"What? U-uh... Um, some degree of injury will be unavoidable, but um... now and then, help each other out... or something..." She was struggling to come up with what to say to them before it started. It was obvious that Gojo had put her on the spot just to mess with her.

"Times up." Gojo said bluntly.
"Hey! Gojo, you little-"
"Now, let the sister school exchange event... begin!" He shouted into the microphone.

Utahime began to yell at him for putting her on the spot like that, but it was quickly over as she settled down and opted to just watch what was happening to the students out in the woods. I couldn't really hear anything that was going on other than a couple of louder bursts of sound that ended quickly. Both Utahime and Gojo watched in relative silence so I had no commentary to go off of in order to gage how they were all doing out there.

The fighting of both teams was more against each other than it was against the curses they were supposed to be defeating. I could never really figure out what was happening just when Gojo or Utahime would make little comments or discuss something. Other than that I had no clue. I began to space out, thinking everything through. Not everything, everything, simply what Sukuna and I were going to do. What I was going to have to tell Gojo, how I was going to have to tell it to him, how I was going to get him to believe me.

My ears started perking up with the continuous explosions coming from the speakers. Normally there were one or two and they weren't so close together. This sounded like a non-stop beat down. Not to mention I could feel the air around me tensing. That's not normally a good sign when I'm around Gojo, because it means that the students are in some type of danger.

They seemed worried, they talked about an intruder.

"Intruder or not, this is an unexpected situation."

"I'm heading over to Master Tengen. Satoru, you go with Principal Gakuganji to rescue the students." I was principal Yaga that said it.

Gojo hopped up and lightly grabbed my hand to pull me up. "Let's go grandpa! Time for your walk!"

If Gojo annoyed Gakuganji, he didn't say anything about it. That or the situation was too dire for him to respond.

We exited the building in a group before they really started to panic. I was swept up off of my feet and carried as I could feel Gojo's feet pounding on the ground.

"Gojo! Before the curtain fully forms! Go ahead!"

"No can do." Gojo sounded a little unsurprised.

"What?"

"It's already completely formed, they prioritized the effect over the visual. We'll just rip it apart after it's completed."

I was let down to my feet and Gojo stepped away from me in the direction we were going before. I could hear a spark kind of noise. Then there was a noise like water sloshing.

"Hey... why did your hand get repelled and mine didn't?"

Gojo laughed a bit. "I see. You guys go ahead."

Gojo lightly pushed my back forward I would assume towards the barrier.

"In exchange for denying Gojo Satoru entrance, the barrier allows anyone else access."

The barrier felt weird around my body. Like I was soaking wet but I was dry, like I was walking through sludge but it was air. It was the most uncomfortable I've ever felt.

After I reached the other side my mind was blasted with colors and shapes, all the hues blending together beautifully. My body felt warm and I was awe-stricken. Everything that had ever been done to me was being undone.

Gojo couldn't come in here, which means my binding couldn't be at work anymore.

I was free...