Back to Our Regualarly Scheduled Prog...

ابدأ من البداية

~

I sat up without a sound. My back was stiff.

Back to reality I suppose. My skin itches all over, such a strange human sensation. To itch. I wished to scratch my skin off without feeling the pain that would come with it. There were footsteps in the room with me. Meaning that I was not alone. Then I realized, this smelled like my room.

Not just my hotel room, no, but my room back at Gojo's house. The smell of burnt sandalwood was thick in the air, and the dried oranges covering the windowsill were always extra fragrant during the fall. This made me realize that the feet in the room belonged to Gojo who was likely shuffling his feet against the floor in the corner because I was not waking up.

It is uncommon for one to be awakened while their conscious mind is not within their physical body. I assume he is impatiently waiting for me to rise.

"How long have I lied in?" I asked.
I could hear his sigh, though it sounded mostly annoyed and worried, there was a slight tone of relief.
"You've been out for a day and a half. It's no longer safe for you to be apart from me. From now on you will always have to be in my presence."
"I wouldn't have slept that long. I have never slept that long before in my life."
"Do you remember what happened? Did you- What happened?" He cut himself off and I'm assuming that he was going to ask me if I saw anything.
"No. I just went to sleep."
"Really?"
"Yes." No. I remember everything. I remember Sukuna. I remember him putting me back into my body and waking up. I remember there being a curse I have never felt before in my room. I remember a harsh pin in my trample where it hit me. I remember going back to Sukuna.
"I don't remember anything, just going to sleep."

"Well. Since you are obviously a target to someone, I have to keep you safe, so you have to stay with me at all times. Okay?"
"Okay."

"Perfect! Now that that's settled," I heard him jump up from the chair that he'd put in my room just for him. Gods know I'd never be able to find it to sit in it. "You've been out for so long that today is already the day of the student exchange program! I've already reintroduced Yuuji to Megumi and Nobara, so that's out of the way. Now your only job is to come sit with me in the teachers lounge while we watch this all unfold."

I nodded and shuffled to the side of the bed so that I could set my feet onto the floor. Gojo pulled the covers off of me and grabbed my hands to get me up faster.

"C'mon, we're already late enough as it is." He said as he rushed me to stand and then grabbed clothes for me to wear and handed them to me. Then he stepped out of the room. I could still hear him in the hallway beside my closed door.

I had grown much better over the years with Gojo at putting on my own clothing. When Sukuna and I ruled, the handmaidens dressed me, and when I was being tortured by Gojo's family, I had to dress myself in whatever I was given, usually scraps of fabric that I had to tie together to even cover me. But now Gojo gifted me with robes and comfortable clothing that I would have been given back in my prime. It really did seem like a blessing too good to be true the first time that it happened.

I took off the night dress that I had been wearing and swapped it for the very modest form of the school uniform I had to wear while we were in classes or when he was teaching. I put on the layers before feeling my way to the door. Upon opening Gojo grabbed my arm so that I could find him. He guided me through the house that I had practically memorized.

To say that I was glad to finally be back in this house was a very large understatement. I was still so hungry.

Gojo took me through the familiar path along the hallway to the front door. I stepped out onto the stone bricked path that lead from his little house all the way through the school grounds and to the school.