―IV. STRANGERS

CHAPTER IV

CHAPTER IV. STRANGERS

________________________________

I awoke slowly. My arms felt heavy, and my throat felt tight. My mouth was dry and I was hungry. My eyelids felt like they were glued shut, and it took me a second to open them up. As I did, I felt my eyelids flutter against something. 

A sheet? Why was there a sheet over me? Confused, I raised a heavy arm, grabbing onto the sheet. 

Suddenly, everything previous that had happened came rushing back to me. I shot up, the white sheet that had been over my body falling to pool around my waist. It was dark. But not like the kind of darkness that you couldn't see anything, but like it was night. I looked to my left, seeing the house that Yuki and I had ran into chasing after Oyama. 

I looked down at my hands, seeing that they were caked with dry blood. So it wasn't a dream? I lifted my shirt, seeing that the white fabric of my uniform was bloody, and there was a giant hole ripped in the middle but no sign of any wounds on my skin. I stood up, heaving a groan as I did. There weren't any wounds, but man, I was sore as hell!

A clatter filled the air as I was brushing myself off. At first, I thought something fell from me, giving the timing. But, as I looked around, I saw that it was, in fact, not something that fell from me. 

A boy was staring at me, his eyes about as wide as tea saucers. His hands were in front of him like he'd been holding something, and when I looked down, I saw it was a knife with a little bit of fur on the end. As I did, I saw his bright red shoes, and my memory clicked. This had been the boy who destroyed that monster--or whatever it was--that had been attacking Oyama. 

But why did he look so shocked to see me? I looked around, seeing that everyone else was just as shocked as he was. I spotted Oyama and Yuki, sitting on the porch of the house, huddled together with a blanket around them. Their eyes were wide, and with a sharp cry, they both were running towards me. However, another boy, with black hair, stopped them from getting close to me. 

I felt someone walk up behind me and craned my neck back. I was met with the sight of an older man, who was freakishly taller than me, and a black blindfold over his eyes. He had white hair and was dressed like the other two boys. 

"Who're you?" We asked at the same time. 

"I asked you first," I said. 

"No, I asked you first," He said. 

"Nuh-uh!"

"Yeah huh!"

"Nuh-uh!"

"Yeah huh!"

"Nuh-uh!"

"Yea--"

"Gojo-sensei!" The black-haired boy barked. "Stop arguing with her! She was just dead!"

"Say what now?" He said, straightening up. 

"Wait--for real?" I asked, eyes widening. 

"Yes for real!" He snapped. "How are you alive?"

"How am I supposed to know?!" I exclaimed. "I don't even know who you guys are!"

"We're sorcerers from Tokyo," The white-haired guy, Gojo I think, replied. "We exorcise curses and spirits and keep normal people like you out of trouble."

The black-haired kid took a step back as the man walked from around me. I noticed a bag hanging around his arm, and I watched as he walked a circle around me, with a hand on his chin. He lifted my arms up, crouching down to peer at the hole in my shirt.

There was a little bit of blood on my leg, near the end of my skirt. He dropped my arms, reaching for the edge of my skirt. I felt my eyes widen. 

"What the hell are you doing!?" I yelled out, kneeing him in the face. He fell back with a startled gasp. I watched as the other two boys' jaws dropped. 

"What the hell is the matter with you?!" I exclaimed. "You can't just try and grab my skirt like that! What kind of pervert are you?!"

"G-Gojo-sensei?" The boy with the red shoes asked. 

"Megumi," He deadpanned, sitting up. I watched with wide eyes as his blindfold fell down, revealing his sky-blue eyes. They seemed bright, even though it was pretty dark around us, and narrowed slightly. A thin line of blood dribbled from his nose, and he now looked pissed off. 

I took a step back, swallowing hard. Yuki and Oyama ran past the shocked boy, running to my sides as they both grabbed one of my arms. Gojo stood up, holding his hand out to the black-haired boy. 

"Give me the sealing tape."

"W-What are you doing?" I asked, taking a step back. 

"S-Sealing tape?" Yuki echoed. 

"Y-Y/n," Oyama whispered. "L-Let's run. Something's not right!"

"Y..Yeah," I whispered back. "Count of three. One, two, thr--"

"Not so fast," He said. My eyes widened as he vanished from where he stood. I heard Oyama and Yuki gasp and saw them fall to the side in the corner of my eye. I moved to turn, but before I could, I felt my chest slamming against the ground. My arms were pulled behind me, and I felt something being wrapped around them, binding them together. 

"What's your name?" Gojo asked, placing a hand on the back of my head. 

"W-Why?!"

"What's your name, kid?" He asked, emphasizing his words a little more. 

"L-L/n Y/n! W-What are you doing!? Let me go!"

"L/n Y/n, you are hereby in the custody of Tokyo Jujutsu High. Megumi, Yuuji, grab those two and bring them with us," Gojo said, pulling me back onto my feet. 

"What?! You can't do this!" I yelled. "Yuki, Oyama, run!"

"W-What?!" Yuki said, grabbing Oyama. 

"Run!"

"Yuuji."

"I'm super super sorry for this!" The boy with red shoes exclaimed. "Please forgive me!"

"Stop it--!"

Gojo pressed two fingers to my forehead, and I felt my muscles immediately relax. My eyes rolled back, and I slumped forward. I'd passed out before I could even realize what was going on.

[Chapter IV. End]
[Image belongs to me]