―III. TRUST ME

CHAPTER III

CHAPTER III. TRUST ME

[WARNINGS: Slight blood/gore, cursing]

_____________________________________

YUKI grabbed my arm, halting me from walking inside. She fumbled with her sash, untying it from around her neck. She tied one end around her wrist and the other end around my wrist.

"So we don't get separated," She explained. 

"Smart idea," I muttered. I reached for the door, taking a deep breath before opening it. 

It was deathly still and eerily quiet. A few months ago, the family who'd been living here moved away after their son died from terminal cancer the year before last. I'd talked to them a few times but didn't know much about them.

I walked in before Yuki, looking both ways down either hall before fully entering the house. I looked down at the ground, seeing the streak of water on the ground from where Oyama had been drug into the house. Looking back up, I saw it led up the stairs. I winced at the thought of being drug up them. 

I walked towards the stairs, taking slow steps. Whoever or whatever dragged Oyama in here, I didn't want to let it know we were here after her. I planned to use the element of surprise and just take Oyama back, or find something and knock whoever it was out and call the police. 

"This is exactly how horror movies start!" Yuki hissed from behind me. "If we die, then they're going to make a movie and say 'based on a true story'!"

"Do you wanna get Oyama back or not?" I asked, looking over my shoulder at her. 

"Yes!" She snapped. "But this seems so stupid, Y/n!"

"I'm stupid!" I hissed. "Just trust me, Yuki!"

"I do trust you but I really wish I didn't!"

I rolled my eyes, ignoring what she had to say before looking back to the stairs. I walked up to them, and because Yuki was practically dragging her feet, my left arm was behind me, connected to hers. I walked up the stairs, careful not to make one of them creak and alert our presence. Yuki glanced around us, and I felt her get closer to me by how the taut pull of the sash loosened. 

"Ok, this won't be super hard," She said to herself, inching closer to my back. "Y-You explore dumb houses like this all the time--right?"

"Yeah, 'course I do," I lied, laughing nervously. 

Yeah, no. Danger? Yeah. Horror? Not my thing. I'll do something stupid, but when it comes to ghosts and scary stuff like this, no thank you.

"You don't actually think that whoever took Oyama..would hurt her, do you?" Yuki asked once we'd reached the top of the stairs. 

"I dunno," I frowned. "But I'm hoping not."

We both froze as the floor creaked under our feet. I heard a soft gurgling sound come from the room beside us. 

"Yuki, did you hear that?" I asked, facing her. 

"What? The floor creaking?" She asked. 

"No, it sounded like someone was like--y'know--like gurgling or something," I said. Yuki looked at me strangely and shook her head. 

"Are you sure you're not hearing things?" She asked, moving to open the door. As she did, both of our eyes widened. 

Some...monster...creature...something was inside. And it was holding Oyama. A set of hands cupped under her breasts, another set on her hips, holding her in place. The creature was a lot taller than her, and its jaws were open wide, staring down at her with multiple pairs of eyes. Drool dripped from the corner of its mouth and onto her shoulder. 

I was paralyzed. This was not human. This was something I'd never seen before. Something that was a fairytale. This could not have been real. 

Yuki, on the other hand, rushed inside after her. She grabbed Oyama, who was sobbing, asking her if she was okay. Could she not see what was behind her?! What was she doing?!

"Yuki!" I yelled. "There's something behind you guys!"

Yuki turned around sharply, her head turning as she looked directly over the monster. "Y/n, what are you talking about? There's nothing there!"

Oyama sobbed, clinging to Yuki. I stepped back. Could she not see it? Oyama didn't seem to notice it either. Was I the only one that could see it?

Before I could say or do anything else to warn them, I felt something slam against my chest. All the air in my lungs was ripped from me, and I felt immense pressure in my chest. A loud snap filled the air, and I felt something hot rise in the back of my throat. 

I heard Yuki scream my name as I raised my shaking hand to my chest. My body was beginning to feel heavy, my limbs feeling like blocks of lead. I touched my stomach, choking out a gasp at how badly it hurt to touch it. I drew my hand back, looking at the blood that covered my hand. 

"Y-Y-Y-Y/N!" Yuki screamed, both her and Oyama rushing towards me. 

Oh my God. Oh fuck. This hurt--this hurt worse than anything I'd ever felt before. This hurt more than when I snapped the bone in my arm, and I cried for weeks. My eyes stung with tears, my lips trembling. I couldn't even breathe. I was trying so hard, but I couldn't draw in a breath.

"Y-Yuki!" Oyama yelled, eyes wide with panic. "Her lips--they're turning blue! I-I don't think she can breathe!"

"Y/n! Look at me!" Yuki demanded, shrugging off her wet coat as she balled it up, placing it on my stomach where the blood was. 

But I couldn't. Black worms were starting to crawl across my vision. I could feel myself beginning to sway, and Oyama cried out in fear as she grabbed me, both of them easing me onto my back. 

"Shit, shit, shit!" She screamed. 

"Call an ambulance!" Yuki yelled.

"We left our phones in our bags!" She cried, stumbling onto her feet. She ran across the hall, throwing open a window as she began to shout out of it. 

"Someone's coming!" She yelled. 

"Watch out!" A male voice called. "I'm from Tokyo Jujutsu High! This house is cursed and there's an evil spirit in here, please leave so it can be exorcised!"

"Our friend's hurt!" Oyama yelled. 

I watched a blur of red run by me. He jumped up, using what looked like a knife to slash across the monster. His shoes. That's what was red. 

"Fushiguro!" He yelled. "We need someone with a reversal technique!"

His reply was cut off--my ears were starting to ring. The boy knelt beside me, placing a hand on my neck. He seemed to get a little panicky as he fumbled to unbutton his jacket, tossing it over Yuki's. 

I watched his lips move, but I couldn't form what he was saying. My vision blurred before going completely black, and I couldn't hear anything anymore. Everything was plunged into darkness.

[Chapter III. End]
[Image belongs to me]