Despite her blank face, Rosalind felt desolate at the loss of her mother. Walking into the church and seeing her sitting there with the rest of the children was an image she wished she had never seen. Now, one of her friends was being hunted and all she could do was sit and wait. She turned towards her father to see his head in his hands from obvious distress. But then, she heard a small, muffled cry leave his mouth.

Rosalind kneeled by his side as Edmund let his tears run down freely now. "I'm sorry you have to see me like this."

"It's okay." She had her own tears forming now. "I wish mother were here too."

"She would know what to do. She...Your mother was a great woman."

Rosalind nodded, wiping a few of her tears. "I know. And you're a great father."

Rosalind had been hugged before, but never like this. There was something so warm, something that felt encouraging. She let her body sag, her muscles becoming loose. Edmund gave her the respect of an equal but cradled her like a cherished child. In that embrace, she felt her worries loosen their keen sting.

"I think maybe some tea should help right now." Edmund stood up to move to the kitchen while Rosalind stood up, ridding the rest of her tears that had fallen.

A knock came from the door that she went to answer. If it were the men returning, she was ready to yell at them to leave, but it was only a few of her friends standing with small fear on their face.

"What's wrong? Is Hannah alright? Have they found Sarah," Rosalind questioned.

"We couldn't stay in our homes no more," Lizzie started, walking in first. "Our parents...They don't believe us." She looked at her with watered eyes as her voice trembled. "My mother...she searched me for marks."

"Why don't they believe us," Constance asked. She stayed close to Abigail, their hands intertwined.

Edmund walked into the room, about to ask who was at the door until he saw the faces of the teenagers turn towards him. He let out a small sigh. "I suppose I have to make more tea."

The small group moved towards the kitchen and sat around the table. Rosalind sat in between Isaac and Lizzie, taking both of their hands supportively. Abigail, Constance, and Henry sat across from them, leaving the end seat for Edmund. The man set down the cups, pouring tea for each one of them.

"How's your father, Henry," Rosalind asked softly.

He shrugged. "He's locked himself in his room, didn't notice I left." He stared down at his tea before looking up. "Are they really going to hang them?"

She wasn't sure how to answer. How was she supposed to tell Henry that he might never see his sister again all because of a lie from a cretinous man? Apparently, her silence was answer enough as he looked back down.

"Lets just hope they don't find her," Abigail spoke. "Do you have any idea where she could've gone?"

"There's nothing out the Union. It goes on for miles," Isaac answered. "If we're lucky, maybe we can find her first."

"But then we'll die," Constance butted. Abigail threw her sister a look. "It's true! I know Sarah has done nothing wrong, but I don't want anymore of us to die. We should just stay hidden and hope she does the same."

"She's right." They were surprised at Henry's agreement. "I don't want your guys risking your lives. It's best if we all stay."

So, that's what they did. The seven people that believe Sarah Fier and Hannah Miller's innocence stayed together the rest of the night, trying not to dwell on the life or death situation. Whether they liked it or not, there really was nothing they could do.