"Ah!" Peter yells.

"Wow," I say, cautiously peering over the edge to the ground far below.

"Okay. Oh, my God. Okay," Peter says to himself, taking panicky breaths as he sticks to the wall.

"What's wrong? You've reached the southwest window. Why are you hesitating?" Karen asks.

"It's fine. It's just, I've just never been this high before."

"Neither have I." I watch as Peter tries to shoo away the seagulls perched on the windowsill.

"You have also not reinstalled your parachute, so a fall from this height would most likely be lethal."

"Thanks a lot, Karen." I say sarcastically.

"You're welcome, Miss Stark," she replies, not sarcastically.

"It's okay, Peter. I would catch you if you fell. Don't worry about that."

"I'm not worrying," he says unconvincingly, moving on top of the windowsill.

"Be careful..."

"Perfect. Oh, my God." He tries kicking the window. "Why is it not breaking?"

"It's a four-inch ballistic glass. You'll have to create more momentum," answers Karen.

"Or I could just blast it with my powers."

"No, Gracee, I can tell just coming up here has drained you. I got this."

Peter shoots a web against the monument wall and slides down the strand until his feet lie flat against the glass. Jumping, he swings against the window, causing the glass to crack slightly. I hear a helicopter approach, and look to see police officers in it.

"This is D.C. Metro police. Identify yourself."

"My friends are in there! My friends are in there! Stop!" yells Peter.

"We're trying to save them!" I yell.

"Return to the ground immediately." They aim a gun at Peter. "Stand down! Return to the ground immediately!"

Peter climbs to the top of the monument, while I fly up there to him. The police lose us as we go around the side of the monument.

"Return to the ground or we will open fire!" they continue to warn us, but we don't listen.

"I got this," Peter whispers to himself.

"What are you talking about? What are you thinking of doing?"

"This is your last chance!" the police yell.

"Oh, I'm gonna die," he says.

"Peter? Peter!" I scream as he jumps toward the closest helicopter and extends his web-wings, gliding over the menacing helicopter blades. He shoots a web at the skid, and swings toward the window.

"Break!" he yells.

The window shatters into pieces as Peter swings in. The roof of the elevator is ripped off and the elevator starts to fall. Peter slides in toward the elevator shaft, shooting a strand of web onto the falling elevator. He braces his feet against the doors to the shaft, and the elevator stops.

"I did it! Woah!"

The doors break loose, and he falls after the plummeting elevator. The impact causes the elevator to descend towards the ground. By the time this has happens, I fly through the window and use all of my strength to stop the elevator from falling.

"Gra- I mean, the, uh... Dark Dahlia!"

"What the hell is that?!"

"Just go with it," Peter whispers to me through comms.

"Don't worry, I got you." I say to everyone as I lift the elevator up.

Peter shoots a web on the ceiling, and he helps me. He pulls and I lift the elevator up the shaft, towards the upper floor.

"Yes! Yes!" Ned yells, swinging his fist in joy, making the whole elevator wobble.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, big guy, quit moving around," Peter yells.

"Sorry, sir. So sorry."

Finally, we make it to the upper floor. Everyone is terrified, but am going to do whatever it takes to make sure they make it out of here alive.

"Mr. Harrington, go. Ned, come on," a girl whose name I learned is Cindy says.

"Alright. This is your stop," says Peter.

"Get out quickly. Be careful," I tell them.

"Come on, Liz," Ned says frantically.

The metal elevator ceiling starts to bend under Peter's feet. "Go, go, go. Everybody out! Move it, people. Move it, move it!"

"Are you sure it's safe?" Liz asks.

"We're not going to let anything happen to you." I smile at her, not showing how much pain I'm in as my powers start dwindling.

She looks at me and then looks back at Mr. Harrington. She reaches out, but before she can hold Mr. Harrington's outstretched hand, the ceiling snaps.

"Liz!" Mr. Harrington yells.

Peter webs Liz as the elevator falls, and she dangles by her wrist. "You're okay. You're okay."

I watch as he pulls her up by the web, then takes her hand. I am left to support the ceiling, while he saves her.

"Oh, my God. Good, good," the students say.

"Come on up. Come on, you guys, stay back. Come on in. Come on in," Mr. Harrington says to Liz.

"So, uh, is everyone okay?" Peter looks at the others, before turning to me as I stop supporting the ceiling with my powers, exhausted.

"This is your chance, Peter. Kiss her." I hear Karen say over comms, as if she forgets I can hear her too.

Peter and I hold a look, but before either of us can say anything, the web snaps, and Peter drops. The students, the teacher, and the park rangers look down the elevator shaft at Peter as he falls.

"Uhm, I'll go get him. You all get home safely. Have a nice rest of your day." I smile and then stop using my powers, allowing myself to free fall down towards Peter.

"Thank you!" Mr. Harrington yells.

"Are you really friends with Peter Parker?" Flash yells down to us, to get no response.