Chapter Fifteen

I feel the truck shake to a stop, and I regain consciousness. I slowly open my eyes and wait for them to adjust to the darkness.

"Oh, my head." I hear Peter groan beside me.

"You appear to have a mild concussion," Suit Lady says to Peter.

I sit up, groaning. Peter hears me looks at me, the eyes of his mask widening.

"Gracee?!" He stands and helps me up. "What happened to you?"

"I passed out... again."

"Are you okay?"

"Never been better."

"Where are we right now?" he asks Suit Lady.

"I'm not sure. The container walls are hindering my sensors," she answers.

"Wait a minute. They must have hijacked the truck and taken us to their evil lair. Okay, Gracee. We're gonna have to fight our way out of this one." Peter prepares himself to burst through the trailer's metal doors. "Three, two, one!"

I watch as he starts running towards the trailer door. Right before he smashes through it, I blast it away with my powers.

"Oh, thanks," Peter says.

"No problem." I smile.

We run out of the trailer and look around at the inside of the huge warehouse. Turns out, we aren't in an evil lair.

"What is this place?" Peter asks.

"Friday, where are we?"

"The most secure facility on the Eastern Seaboard. The Damage Control Deep Storage Vault."

"Seriously?" Peter and I groan at the same time.

He runs to the wall that opens horizontally from the middle and climbs up to the part that separates. He tries to pry it open, but it doesn't budge.

"The door will most likely remain closed until morning," says Suit Lady.

I walk to the wall and kick the bottom impatiently. "Morning?"

Peter jumps down and walks past me, shooting a web and attaching it to two different storage containers. I realize that it looks kind of like a hammock.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Well, if we have to wait until morning, why not get comfortable? I can make one for you to, if you want."

I run and jump, climbing on top of a storage container. "I'll be fine up here."

"Okay, suit yourself."

Peter continues making a web hammock, and I try to get comfortable on top of the storage container. I lay on my stomach and then look at Peter, who has the backpack.

"Hey, can I have your backpack?"

"Sure." He throws it to me, and I get out my book. "Of course your brought your book."

I smile at the sound of his laugh. "You got a problem with that, Parker?"

"Yeah, maybe I do, Stark."

"I wouldn't be surprised if you brought a book, too."

"And what makes you think you know me so well?"

I pull out another book, which just so happens to be Peter's, and he laughs. "You got me."

When he finishes his hammock, he lays in it, swinging from side to side. I read my book, and eventually, I am in my own world.