" Huh? But, why? " Inaaya asked back.

" Well, I wanted to go and visit my friends and the other cars are in service. Please, Bhai? " Suhana asked with hopeful eyes.

" I'll just take an U-ber. It's fine. " Inaaya answered quickly and took out her phone.

" Okay. Let's go. We're already late for the office. " Aryan said and got out of the house.

Inaaya mumbled some curses and followed him out. The rest of the people smiled and high-fived each other. 

On the other hand, the duo then got in the rich black Tesla.

In the car, Inaaya sat down quietly on the passenger's seat while Aryan took the wheels. She had got quite used to being in that small place in his car, with him. She had glanced at him a few times and then turned around and looked out of the window. They were stuck in the traffic. Bad traffic!

She then looked out the window. The tiny rain droplets were on the window.

Inaaya has always been the kind of person who loved the rainy season. She always adored the Petrichor. It is the unique, earthy smell associated with rain. It always provided her some sense of calmness and serenity.

" What? Why are you so quiet? " Aryan asked glancing at her.

" Huh? Nothing. " Inaaya replied being startled.

An embarrassment rushed through her. Shit! Maybe, he noticed her glancing at him from time to time.

" Well, you're utterly quiet today. Don't worry, I don't bite. " Aryan said in a rather teasing tone.

" I mean, you left me back at home the last day. You and your mood swings. " Inaaya finally said.

" That's because you were late. I hate people being late, without any valid reason. " Aryan spoke.

" Today we are late as well. " Inaaya argued back.

" Today it's different. I had to spend time with my family after all. Also, we have a late schedule today, the meetings are during the evenings, so it's fine. " Aryan said back.

" So, how do you like my siblings? " Aryan spoke again after a while.

Inaaya squinted her eyes at him in a rather mischievous way. She could figure out that he was trying hard to make a conversation.

" Well, they're fun! Absolutely opposite of you. I like them both. " Inaaya said with a smile.

" What opposite? " Aryan asked as the car finally started after being stuck in a signal for about twenty-five minutes.

" Well, you know? They're fun. You're boring and you've become old, Aryan -erm, Mr. Khan. " Inaaya spoke.

He looked right at her with an icy stare. She could not help but swallow back a large gulp. She always seemed to do that. She would always call him by his first name, even when she should not be. 

" It's fine, I guess. You can call me by my first name. " Aryan spoke with the corner of his lips curving up in a small smile.

" Really?! " Inaaya asked back being absolutely startled.

Aryan did not bother to answer back and Inaaya looked at him, she did notice how his face held content and soft smile. She silently made him wondered that what else made him felt happy and smile? And if she would ever have a chance of witnessing a genuine, eye-crinkling, teeth-flashing, and giddy smile from him. 

She was certain that a smile from him was sure a treasure of its own. So few and far in between. She also wondered that whether if he has ever been in love. Well, his concepts and explanations about love were quite different and interesting for sure! 

Was there ever anyone who had the pleasure of making him smile and laugh wholeheartedly?

Was there ever anyone who had the contentment of making him feel loved? 

She would often find herself ponder upon such thoughts. Thus, in no time they soon reached their destination. 

Hey, guys!

Thank you for holding on to me and still being here <3

A lot of things happened for the past few weeks, I'm feeling truly lost and homesick, and thus I came back to spend some days with my family. 

I Will try to update more often (if possible)

Until then, be happy and be safe <3