"You know," said Klaus, pointing at Elijah, "for someone who's been invited to a celebratory breakfast, you're proving quite the buzzkill."

Elijah sighed deeply. "Well, Niklaus, if anything indeed has killed the—" he made air-quoted, "'buzz,' as you say, perhaps it was because murdering Father alienated the one person who truly knows how to defeat Dahlia, which, in turn, as Eisa said, will be used to avenge Kol."

"If Freya wants to be part of this family," replied the hybrid, "she should be willing to accept us, warts and all!"

"Elijah's right," said Rebekah. "Freya loved Mikael, and you've likely ruined everything."

"Freya and Kol were getting along quite well," snapped Eisa. "I would think she'd be suitably motivated to continue aiding us, at least for our brother's sake."

Rebekah gritted her teeth. "You and Nik always do get more insufferable when you're drinking."

"Pity," said Klaus, rolling his eyes. "Whatever shall we do?"

"Whatever you please, apparently!" said Elijah harshly.

Klaus slammed his hand on the table. "Do not mistake our high spirits for lack of clarity! We know full well the threat we face. I intend to deal with it— personally."

They all went tense, hearing something in the courtyard. They rushed out, finding Josephine LaRue, waiting for them.

"Josephine," said Elijah, confused. Clearly he hadn't invited her.

"Forgive me for calling so early, Elijah," said the elderly woman, "but, I've come bearing a message from your aunt Dahlia."

"Oh, wonderful," sneered Eisa.

Josephine fixated her eyes on her. "She is owed a debt, and she means to be paid."

"Like hell will I pay that bitch anything," said Eisa coldly. "I don't give a flying fuck about what she wants. She won't take another family member from me."

"She can writhe in Hell first," Klaus agreed.

Josephine blinked. "For merely taking what your mother promised her? If you must harbor hatred, isn't it better spent on the one who traded your child away a thousand years ago? Blame Esther, if you must, but I seek only to fulfill a bargain. A bargain that, consequently, resulted in your very existence. Perhaps you should be thanking me?"

"How did she get in?" asked Rebekah in a deadly whisper, the four siblings realizing who this truly was.

"She snuck in with Josephine's magical signature," muttered Eisa. "I suggest you leave now, Dahlia."

Josephine smiled. "My child, I prefer Aunt Dahlia."

"And I'd prefer to stand over your rotting corpse," said Eisa with a cheeky smile. "But we don't always get what we want, do we?" She pointed at the door. "Get out."

The woman chuckled. "I only came for what is mine." Beneath the velvet choker on her throat, blood started to pool, then pour out, and the smell that hit the Originals' nostrils let them know this body had been dead for hours. "The time has come to add the child's power to my own. Though, I do not detect her here. I see you've used a spell to cloak her. No matter— such spells will yield, as will you. Say your farewells. You have 'til nightfall tomorrow, and then the child shall be mine. Be a dear and inform the mother? No reason we can't be civilized about this."

Klaus smirked before slicing his hand out, sending Josephine's head flying across the courtyard. He turned on Eisa, looking furious, but Elijah got between them.