Klaus scoffed in agreement. "You did not deserve those foul words he said to you, time and time again."

"Nor did you deserve all that abuse," said Eisa. "I wish I could have done more to stop it. I never should have let Finn convince me to stay. I should have taken the lot of you and ran the first chance I got. I don't care if everyone thought me a spinster. I should have..." she sighed loudly before taking another swig of her bottle. "But that's that."

He let their bottles clink together. "That's that."

They were both quite chipper the next morning, having taken the opportunity to see Mikael's demise as a good thing. Eisa was trying hard to remain hopeful, that Mikael's death, and his ashes, would lead to a weapon that would help them rip Dahlia to shreds in order to avenge Kol.

"Is something the matter, Brother?" asked Klaus pleasantly while Elijah cast them a judgmental look, watching them each have their fourth mimosa of the day. "Can I fix you a drink, perhaps?"

"Strangely enough, Niklaus, I'm not in a mimosa mood," said Elijah, shaking his head when Eisa raised her glass to him.

"More for us, then, Nik," said Eisa, taking the glass back and downing it in one gulp. "Oh, I really shouldn't have another one, but—" she held the glass to Klaus, who happily served her more.

"Let's discuss strategy, shall we?" asked Elijah. "Just wondering if you actually have one, Niklaus. We can begin with Mikael's ashes— given that they are the main ingredient in our weapon against Dahlia, would you care to tell me where they disappeared to?"

Eisa cast Elijah an innocent look. She knew exactly what Klaus had done with the ashes. And given the fact she'd tasked her witches to find out how to make multiple weapons, she wasn't too worried about where they could be found. "Lighten up, Brother, you're worried for nothing."

"Eisa, surely you understand the severity of—"

"Elijah!" said Klaus loudly, "I have compelled the city's finest pastry chef for your own personal edification, and yet, you ignore my efforts in favor of needless concerns!"

"What about my personal edification?" asked Rebekah as she came in, accepting a mimosa from her sister.

"Help yourself, Sister," said Klaus, gesturing to Rebekah. "I don't think I've ever seen you drink as much as you did last night."

She rolled her eyes. "Well, it's not everyday you lose your father at the hands of your brother again, on the same night that your loony aunt burns your brother alive."

Klaus snorted. "In terms of Mikael, well, whoever said opportunity only knocks once, eh?"

"Don't be insensitive," Rebekah snapped. "Kol had already burned to death once, can you imagine how he felt?"

"Come now, Sister, he felt nothing, his soul entered the pendant before he was even lit on fire. Besides, my words were in regards to Mikael. We all fled his tyranny together for centuries! I would have thought the mood this morning might be a bit more jubilant."

"I am not drunk enough to be pleasant!" snapped Rebekah. "You and Eisa might be fine and dandy acting unbothered, but reeking of alcohol is not something I find pleasant!"

"Rebekah is quite right," said Elijah. "Under normal circumstances, the annihilation of our father would be rather commendable. Unfortunately, we have a greater threat to contend with. A threat who murdered our brother."

"We're trying to be hopeful," grumbled Eisa. "Mikael's death will be a small step in the run of defeating Dahlia. And defeating her is avenging Kol. Avenging Kol leaves an opening to bring both him and Finn back from the dead."