Chapter 1

"Jayden Merrit get your ass up your going to be late for school again ," momma says pulling the covers off me forcing me to groan

"Jayden Merrit get your ass up your going to be late for school again ," momma says pulling the covers off me forcing me to groan .

"Im up momma ," i sigh

"You better be ready in the next fifteen minutes and your still grounded for that stunt you pulled ,"

"I just skipped school once ," i laugh .

"Boy you better stop playing with me before i whoop your ass ." She folds her arms making me laugh even more .

"You really are your daddy's son ," she laughed about to walk out .

"You say that all the time momma ," i smile . I never met my dad and shit but ion know i feel like i know him .

"Because its true ," she laughs walking out "now get ready ,"

Im not one to take my time getting myself ready so im done pretty soon .
My momma always made sure i had everything,  i mean honestly we living life you know .

She aint want me on the streets cause thats what got my pops killed . She always telling me not to be mad at the guy who took his life but honestly its hard .
I coulda had my dad here to teach me alot of stuff that my momma cant .

I mean shes doing a perfect job i would never discredit that , but theres just some things that i have to talk to my uncles about you know .

Despite it all , i know he cared though , i got a bunch of his letters and mommas always telling me how he was always so happy that he was having a son .
People thought i woulda been a rapper just like him but nah im more of a basketball guy .

Im tryna get a scholarship at an ivy league college or sumn along those lines .
I know we can afford to pay but its more of actually being good enough to qualify for a scholarship. 

My parents had that Romeo,  Julliet type love without the family drama .
I believe in love and all that but i personally dont think a love like theirs is something ill ever find .
Most of the girls i know only wanna be around me because of the fame .

Ion know where in the world my dad found my mom cause she didn't even want the fame or the money , where do i find a girl like that ?
Ion even think i could treat a girl the way he treated my mom .
Im just not smooth like that .
I dont even pay girls any mind honestly. 

I head downstairs to where  moms making breakfast and sit down at the kitchen table .
"Jay what are you doing ? Take your food to go your late ," she says handing me my breakfasts in a bag .

"Fine , ill be back late cause of practice though ," i sigh .

"Fine but no later than six , i know damn well practice ends at five and your still grounded so ,"

"I know momma , bye , love you ," i laugh kissing her cheek before heading out .

"Love you too baby ," she smiles putting some plates in the dishwasher. 

Jaydens 17 now , that means Tjay's been gone sixteen and a half years

Jaydens 17 now , that means Tjay's been gone sixteen and a half years .
Yall probably think 'oh well thats a long time shes okay now ' but no i still miss him every single day .
This son is the greatest thing that God couldve possibly given me , Jayden reminds me so much of his dad the more he grows .
I mean damn he even looks like him.

He has mad respect for his dad , they always had a connection , hed always kick when Tjay touched my tummy .
The difference now compared to back then is i dont get sad thinking about him , it actually makes me smile , i cry here and there but not as much as i used to.

And yes im thirty five and still single , no other nigga can do it for me the way Tjay did , who tries to replace their soulmate ?

Hes still taking care of us till this day cause his record label and all his other buisnesses are mad successful. My poor baby didn't even get to see his shit blow up .

And yes i go by Mrs Merrit officially,  i mean im raising this guys son and i was finna be his wife so that was pretty much a no brainer .

Jay has his uncles , aunts , grandma , cousins , so despite his dad not being here he still has people who love him .
Polo and Toya wound up having a son the same time i had Jayden ,  Tremani , so theyve been brothers since birth .

Worst combination in the history of this family , even Polo and Tjay were less mischievous,  well then again they were in the field all their lives so i guess their mommas never got to see the real them .

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
A/n

Hey guys im back 😎
I had writers block yesterday and I was legit really sad that i killed Tjay .
I almost changed the ending to a happily ever after .

But anyway heres yr chapter 1 .
Byeeee peaches 🍑❤