Trouble Arising

The next morning, I woke up refreshed after missing a night's sleep. The sun was already shining brightly through the curtains of my windows, and I quickly changed into a clean set of clothes before leaving the house.

I jumped over the steps leading down from my door and closed my eyes, taking in the warm sunlight. Then, I opened my eyes again upon hearing the sound of another door closing, followed by a pair of footsteps.

Turning my head, I spotted Phil standing outside his house. With Techno's words in mind, I decided to talk to him.

"Hey, Phil!" I greeted, walking towards him. He turned around and waved to me as I approached. There was a crow perched on the railing, a folded letter in its beak.

"Morning, (Y/n)!" He responded cheerfully, "Glad to see that you've made it back home safe. A friend of mine informed me of your troubles and how he fixed them."

"He's told you?" I asked in surprise.

"He has," Phil confirmed, "My little friend here, as well as it's other friends, help carry out messages. I was about to head over to his place when you came."

"That's really interesting." I watched in amazement as Phil looked over at the crow, nodding his head, and then as the crow took flight, the letter still in its grasp.

"It is, isn't it?" Phil chuckled, "For some reason, I have a special connection with them. A couple friends of mine have even taken to calling me the Crowfather."

"Fitting," I said with a smile, "And if you were wondering—don't worry, I won't tell anybody of your connection."

"I know you won't," he replied, dipping his head, "You're not like the other people in L'Manberg, and Techno knows that. That's why he's entrusted you with my secret."

"When you see him, tell him thank you for me," I said.

"I will. See you around," Phil replied. I smiled and waved goodbye to him as he continued down the walkway. Then, I turned around and decided to head over to the White House.

As I approached, I noticed three figures standing outside the front door; Tubbo, Big Q, and Fundy. I hurried my pace and quietly snuck up behind them, the three too busy with conversation to notice.

"—just need to know where."

"That's the hard part, you know—"

"Surprise!" I exclaimed, grabbing Fundy by the shoulders. He squealed in shock and flipped around to face me. Tubbo and Big Q had each taken a step back in surprise before beginning to laugh.

"(Y/n)! What was that for?" Fundy questioned accusingly, "You scared the living hell out of me!" His ears flattened and his tail puffed out in embarrassment.

"You three were so busy talking that I'm sure the sky could have fallen before you noticed anything," I teased playfully, "What's got your tail in a twist?" Fundy huffed at my question.

"A security issue," Big Q informed me, "I'm sure Tubbo's told you." I raised an eyebrow in confusion as Tubbo opened his mouth to speak before closing it again.

"Security issue. Huh. Isn't that my job?" I asked, "I haven't been told of anything." Big Q and Fundy both turned to stare at Tubbo, who shrunk under their glaze.

"Ah—" Tubbo said hesitantly, "I may have forgotten. A lot has happened in the last few days."

"Well, anyway, the problem is—you remember what happened after Wilbur blew up L'Manberg during the war, right? Techno and his withers?" Big Q asked me.

I nodded, a lump forming in my throat. I could see where this was going, and I really didn't like it.

"The three of us agree that Techno needs to pay for his actions. He betrayed us and even injured Tubbo," Big Q explained, "We want to find him and bring him back to L'Manburg."

"—but the thing is, we don't know where to find him," Fundy added.

"I don't think that's a good idea," I said defensively, shaking my head, "Techno hasn't bothered us at all since the war. Why should we go and bother him?"

"Because he joined Pogtopia to help us take back L'Manberg, not destroy it!" exclaimed Big Q.

"Okay, so he did, but he isn't even a part of our lives anymore, Big Q," I countered, "If Techno ever comes here again, I'm all for going after him, but why go out of our way to find a man whose location we don't even have a remote idea of?"

"He needs to pay for what he did to our country!" Big Q reiterated, crossing his arms. Tubbo placed a hand on his Vice President's arm before looking towards me.

"Let me talk to her," he said softly. Big Q and Fundy shared a look before nodding and walking off together. Tubbo came up to me and took my hand, tugging gently for me to come with him.

"I don't like this," I told him, "Techno is a very formidable enemy to have, and at the moment, he seems content to leave us be. Why should we go and provoke him?"

Although every word I spoke was true, part of the reason I was strongly against going after Techno was because I wanted to preserve the fragile relationship between us. After our encounter the day before, I found him to be a decently pleasant person. His parting comment had stuck with me, and the more I thought about it, the more I believed it to be true.

"I know, I know," Tubbo responded understandingly, "But the three of us really want to follow through with this. You don't have to agree with it, but could you at least help us?" He smiled, his eyes bright, and I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

"Fine. Don't say I didn't warn you, though," I sighed, squeezing his hand, "What help do you need?" Tubbo hummed, considering an answer.

"I know you met Techno while you were lost," he said, "Do you have any idea where he lives?"

"No," I replied truthfully, "He was out looting woodland mansions using some maps. For all I know, he could have been thousands of blocks away from where he lives."

"That's too bad," Tubbo sighed, "We'll just have to find another way. But, when the time comes, can I count on you as extra manpower?"

"Of course you can. How could I let you go face Technoblade without me?" I said lightheartedly, "It's not like Fundy and Big Q would be much help."

"Very funny," Tubbo laughed.

"Glad to see you looking presidential in your suit again," I noted, glancing down at his outfit.

"It's nice to not be worried about you, too," he retorted playfully, "I've got to do some more planning with Fundy and Big Q, and I'm sure you'd rather not be a part of that. I'll see you later?"

"See you later," I confirmed, "Want to have dinner at my place?" Tubbo nodded eagerly and waved goodbye to me before jogging quickly back towards the other two.

————————————————
A/n - You know the school year is gonna be good when your Algebra II teacher gives homework on the first day :/
Thank you guys for 82k reads tho! It's honestly insane how many reads this story has gotten :)
Love y'all <3
~Echo