Chapter 2

Well this was just bloody fantastic. How in the hell was I supposed to do anything if I was stuck in a cell. And a magical one at that. The place seemed to be busy as all the other cells were full. I leaned my back against the wall and looked out of the golden, glass like door opposite me and my eyes widened. Suddenly this cell seemed veeery familiar.

The sound of clanging chains waltzed through the hall and echoed across the walls. Two Einherjar stood guard at the door as it was opened up and someone was tossed in. Loki.

"Well well well. Isn't that a familiar face," I taunted with a smirk. He snarled at me and walked off to the furthest corner and sulked, looking out as the guards left. "Aw, what's the matter? You didn't miss me?"

"Miss you? You're the reason I'm here. Just hours ago, you made sure I failed and prevented me from escaping and now I'm stuck in here with you." He said 'you' like it was poison on his tongue.

"Oh yeah. I forget that was today for you." He looked at me in confusion. "See, for me, it was about a month or two ago."

"What?"

"I went back to my world until I was needed back here."

"Is that how you got here? I was curious as to how you had beaten Thor and I to Asgard." Loki had moved off the wall and had relaxed a bit, although he still seemed a bit standoffish. "So what now?"

"Now I need to find a way to get out of here." 

Loki scoffed. "Unlikely. Even I can't get out of one of these cells. I doubt a mere mortal such as yourself could even attempt such a thing."

"Yeah well apparently I have a new power this time. I can't read minds anymore but I have something called dark magic? I have no idea what that is." Loki looked up in shock.

"That's not possible. I feeble body such as yours couldn't possibly hope to withstand the power of dark magic. Only a small few are known to wield it." I could only shrug. I had no idea what any of this meant. Loki hesitated for a moment before sitting down beside me, about five feet away. "So. This is rock bottom is it?"

"No, I'd say your rock bottom so far was getting kidnapped by Thanos and tortured and mind controlled to kill a bunch of people and cause mass destruction on Midgard against your will." His jaw clenched and his hard stare continued to face forward.

"How do you know about that? No one knew and you found out almost instantly."

"How many times do I have to tell you Lokes? I'm from a universe where this is all a movie. I know more about you than anyone."

"You don't know anything about me," he scowled, turning his body slightly away from me.

"You'd be surprised."

"You mentioned that. While I was in a cage."

"Believe me. I am kind of obsessed with your character back home." Cue the smirk. "Not to mention your actor, Tom Hiddleston."

"Yes, I believe you said that I was your favorite."

"Actually, if I recall correctly, you read my mind and happened to guess." Silence. "Anyway, I have a job to do. And I can't do that while I'm stuck here with you."

"Aw, I thought you liked our little talks." 

I scoffed at him. That was when we heard rushed footsteps come down the corridor.

"Y/N!" I look over to see Thor head over to our cell and I stand up, glad to see another friendly face.

"Thor!"

"Why are you here? And why does my father think you are some evil sorceress?" I give a snort.

"It's a long story. Basically It's been a month for me since I left this world to go home and this time I came here. Unfortunately that somehow included me using the Bifrost. Heimdall got pissed and sent me off to Odin who threw me in here." Thor rubbed his chin in thought. "And I've got a bloody job to do to make sure this movie goes to plan."

"Alright. I will talk to father and see what he says." He leaves us alone and I smile. He believed me which was nice. This was going to be a lot easier the second time round. Who would've thought. But the dude in the book said that this would be harder than last time. That when I saw the difference, I would know what to do.

"What difference?"

"Jesus! I forgot you were there. What?"

"What's going to be different and how would you change it?" 

It took me a second to catch on. "Oh, right. You can read minds. Delightful. Please don't read mine." 

Loki only smirked. "Why? Have you got something to hide?"

"Yes. Don't forget that I know everyone's future. Trust me. You don't want to know." I caught the evil glint in his eye and the look of concentration on his face. He was trying to read my mind again. I focused hard on not letting him in and felt a surge on energy surrounding me. It blew us apart and we both hit opposite walls, collapsing to the ground. The shield door flickered and fell for three seconds before powering back up. Loki looked at the door in shock, before shifting his glance to me.

"What in the bloody 9 realms was that?"