CHAPTER THREE: Hidden Feelings

CHAPTER THREE.
HIDDEN FEELINGS

Living with secrets was like living in a haunted house. "

 "

PETER was regretting not killing Ned in his sleep. See the thing was, he had figured out from yesterday night's not existent sleep of his, that yes he did still like Amelia. And when he'd told this to Ned, he had gone neurotic in his reaction. He had not stopped asking questions all night and when he had finally gone to sleep, Peter couldn't sleep all night thinking about said questions. And then, every time he heard a siren outside, his heart would lurch. He should go out there, he should help.

He did.

And he had a nasty bruise on his cheek to prove that. When Ned had asked what had happened, he told him he had fallen in the bathroom. He'd told Aunt May he'd fallen in the bathroom. If you told a lie over and over you start believing it yourself. That's the trick, to believe it yourself. On his way to school, he had realized he hadn't finished his History homework. Fine, he would do that in Lunch hour sitting quietly in the library. When he reached the school steps, Flash tried to run him over with his car. Thanks to his spider senses, he dodged it and got to see Flash's disappointed face. It was glorious. Inside, as soon as he had opened his locker, Ned was beside him, talking about Amelia again. Peter almost groaned. Almost.

"So . . . you like her?"

"Maybe, Ned. I don't know. I've talked to her like once. Twice, if you consider the culmination of words exchanged in the last three months before yesterday."

"But you like her?"

Peter glared.

"Does she like you?"

Peter scoffed. "How would I know?"

"She definitely likes you."

"No, she does not."

"She does."

"No, she doesn't. Ned!"

"She was holding your hand!"