Chapter Three

Without a second thought he took the right path again, entering a tunnel. He digs the flashlight out of his pocket and clicks it on. Before stepping into the tunnel he has to calm himself down again. His stomach is flipping and his heart feels as if it's going to burst. He doesn't realizes he's shaking until he lifts the flashlight up to see down the tunnel. The beam of light shakes as he walks down the tunnel. His footsteps echoe around the walls. He casts the flashlight on the walls and notices a note. He hurries over to it, wanting it to say 'Game over!'  but instead the note has a very scratchy drawing of a man with 'No no no no no no no' written beside him. John stuffs the note into his pocket with the other one and feels the same queasy feeling again. He takes a few deep breathes before walking again, to get out of the tunnel. He keeps the flashlight directly in front of him, too terrified of having it land on whatever took his friend. A shadow is casted along the wall of the tunnel and his walking staggers for split second before he continues walking. 'Maybe it was an animal' is what he tells himself, though he doesn't quite believe it.  He keeps his eyes down and is out of the tunnel before he thought he would be. He clicks off the flashlight and shoves it back into his pocket. He's shaking even more now, and wishes he could blame it on the cold but it's not even cold out. He tries to think of what could of happen to Pete before remembering the building. Maybe Pete was locked in it or something. He wasn't turning back, and was sure there was a way back to the building so he quickened his pace the slightest bit. He made the dumb descion of turning around and saw the masked man standing there again. 
"What did you do to Pete!" John screamed. He was frustrated more than he knew, and was tired of this damn game. Who the hell can come up with this type of game? The man didn't say anything but started walking towards him. John stumbled back before running again. This is one of those times he was thankful that he was on the track time throughout his high school years. Up ahead was a bunch of trees that looked cut up and dead so he slipped inbetween them. He ran a hand through his short hair and went to punch one of the trees when he noticed a note. This one had the scribbled words of 'Don't look..or it takes you' with a stick figure drawing. He no longer felt like this was a game. 

After leaning against a tree for god knows how long John decided on walking again. Only this time time cut through some trees. He got into the clearing with the rusted tanks and quickly ran to the building that he saw. The door at the back of the building was locked, not budging the slightest bit. So he had to walk around to the front of the building to find the door already open. He cautiously stepped in and checked all the rooms, repeating Pete's name in hopes of an answer. Every room was a bathroom and every time he turned he was terrified of seeing the masked man. After checking every room with no discovery he was confused. Where else was there to look? Had he scoped out the entire area by now? All questions he didn't know the answer to. He quickly got out of the building, not wanting to be pinned in there by the man. When he walked out there was a path straight ahead. Before starting down the path he leaned over and almost threw up again.