Chapter Twelve

"Relax, I dropped her home and she forgot her phone in my car," I quickly cut her off.

"Why the hell was she even with you?" Lia questioned.

"You should probably ask her that question." I retorted. "But I must say that your friend has quite the mouth on her and I mean that in more ways than one." I teased, wondering what it would be like tomorrow when Scarlet heard about this conversation.

She coughed uncontrollably upon hearing my comment. "What?!"

"I'll make sure to return her phone...Have a good night Lia." I said calmly, clicking the red button to end the call.

I was just about to throw the phone on the passenger seat like I would have done with my own when I realized it was unlocked.

First of all, who the fuck doesn't have a password on their phone? Second of all, would it be the worst thing if I took a quick little peep?

It was like the universe was begging me to search it.

So I swiped it open and began rummaging around.

There wasn't much, well nothing interesting at least. She had a few contacts, most of her text messages were either between her and her dad or her and Lia. At least I knew now that she didn't have a boyfriend. There was also some music and I must admit, she had decent taste but other than that Scarlet's phone was pretty boring.

My mission for the most part was unsuccessful but then I took the opportunity to save my number in her phone because I knew for a fact that she would have never willingly given me her number.

So I called myself from her cell, then saved her number on my phone.

I smiled to myself because I was steadily on the way to my ultimate goal. At this rate, I would have her wrapped around my finger, in no time.

I pulled up to my house and quickly made my way through the front door. The sigh of my dad sprawled out on the couch watching television in the living room greeted me as I entered. His fingers were wrapped around the neck of a beer bottle.

Two times in one week. A new record. Usually he's working late or out with a 'lucky' lady. But as of recently I've realized he's been around the house a lot more.

Unfortunately.

Although the sight repulsed me, I couldn't help but find the irony in this situation hilarious. I was once the one drunk and high on God knows what. My dad trying to get me clean for all the wrong reasons. But now here was intoxicated out of his mind yet I didn't feel sorry for him. In fact, I hope he passes out.

I walked briskly to the staircase trying to avoid any sort of communication but he stopped me before I could get too far.

"Phoenix, wait up," His voice erupted through the large space as he struggled to stand from the couch.

"What do you want?" I rolled my eyes, indicating my annoyance and maybe just maybe he would let me go about the rest of my night in peace.

When I turned to look at him, his eyes were bloodshot, his skin doused in sweat. He grappled with the table to steady himself from falling to the floor as he squinted his eyes protecting them from the bright light of the room.

He was clearly drunk.

"I AM...I AM SICK AND TIRED... OF YOU," he struggled to finish his sentence, hiccuping between the words.

"I AM TRYING...TO F-FIND A WAY TO MAKE AMENDS WITH YOU, BUT YOU'RE MAKING IT SO F-FUCKING DIFFICULT, JUST STOP AND...AND LISTEN FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE," he choked out, completing his thought.

"Well you're, a million fucking black eyes, days without food and ten fucking years with the devil, too late. So maybe you should go fuck yourself." I said with a straight face before walking away calmly.

I had no time or energy to argue with him nor did I want to, especially when he was drunk out of his mind. I gave up on him a long time ago. All my hope had run out.

I could practically feel his face morphing into a scowl without having to look behind.

He shouted again, "YOU FUCKING OWE ME...I SAVED YOUR ASS FROM ROTTING IN A PRISON CELL."

People will say I'm a terrible person for how I treat him and yes he did bail me out but that doesn't warrant him my forgiveness.

If people knew half of the stuff that man allowed me to go through then they too would have wanted him to burn in the deepest parts of hell as well.

I was willing to accept my punishment and rot in prison. I fucking deserved it after everything I'd done. Hell, even death would have been a mercy.

I probably should have moved out and gotten a life of my own. I had the money so why not?

But what's the point of living on my own when I could just stay here and feed off of him?

He had the connections, money and I had a guaranteed roof over my head. That's the least he could do after all these years.

The only unfortunate thing about living here was that I had to interact with him on rare occasions like today.

I slammed my bedroom door after finally entering my personal space.

For many years, I tried to forget about what I had to endure while living in this house. I tried everything in the books, some things that I now regret, but my time here carved wounds that were too deep to heal. Just the thought of those horror stories made my body physically hurt.

I took a shower to clear my head before lying on my bed and thinking about the only thing I looked forward to, currently.

My soon-to-be conquest. Scarlet.

Oddly, the thoughts of her soothed my mind, making me forget all about the shitshow I called my life. From the way she bit her lip when she was nervous to the way she rolled her eyes when I annoyed her. She was always so fucking adorable.

What the hell was wrong with me? I never used the word adorable to describe anyone.

I had to remind myself that she was just a fuck. Nothing more.

That was going to be the only thought at the forefront of my mind, moving forward.

She's just a fuck.

...

What are your thoughts? 🧐

Leave them in the comments.

Remember to Vote, Comment and Follow me on Instagram and Wattpad @liaaajam❤️