"Don't worry, Chuck." I say, clearing my throat so I wouldn't cry. "We're going to get out of here. We'll find a way out of this place and go back home. And you'll be back with your family before you know it." And I mean it. The burning in my heart hurts even more now. "Yeah. We promise to get you home, bud." Thomas says.

"Thanks, guys." Chuck says, standing up to leave. "Hey, Chuck." Thomas says, and the boy turns back around. "Here," Thomas gives the wooden figure back to Chuck, "Give this to them yourself, so you can see your parents again, they can see you again. And we swear, we'll get out of here."

"We promise." We both say at the same time. The young boy gives us both a bright smile and a nod. "Thanks." He says, and I brush a tear away from my eye. "Hey, Mavis," I look down at Thomas. "How about you sing to us?" He asks. At first, I thought it was a joke, but from the look in his eyes, he really does want me to sing. "Okay, but I'll have to be quiet, so no one can hear me. I don't want anyone to know that I can sing just yet." I whisper, and when I look up at Chuck, he has a guilty look on his face.

"What's wrong?" I ask. "Umm, you see, about that.." He says, nervously. "What," I groan, knowing what he's talking about.

****

Ten minutes later, everyone is in front of me, begging me to sing. The next time I'm about to tell a secret to someone and tell them to keep it to themselves, even if it was an accident for them to tell others the secret, it's gonna be Newt or Teresa. "Thanks for telling everyone my secret, Chuck." I scowl at the boy. "It was an accident. It happened right after you and Thomas went in the Maze, and I got scared that something happened to you. So, that night, I thought I was alone, but everyone was still awake, and they heard me mutter your song under my breath. I'm sorry, Mavis." He explains. I groan. Yep, just like Georgie would do. But I forgive Chuck. It wasn't his fault, it was nobody's.

The boys keep asking for me to sing, but Newt steps in, "Hey! If she doesn't want to sing, she doesn't have to! So stop bloody asking and let's all go to bed!" We hear someone laughing in the back, and when we look to see who it is, it's none other than Gally. Surprise, surprise. "How about that!" He sneers. "Two surprises in one day. First, a Griever was killed by looking at her. And now, we all learn our favorite little princess here can sing. Let her, if she's stupid enough to know that we all don't have time for any of that piece of--"

"Actually, I would love to sing!" I cut him off suddenly. Everyone turns back to me and applause for me. I turn back to Gally to give him a smirk, and he looks like he'd just seen a ghost, and then shoots me a nasty look. All the hatred and anger I feel towards him stays the same. I hate that guy so much, just as much as he hates me.

"Are you sure about this?" Newt asks me. "Yeah. A little." I admit that I'm kind of nervous that I'm about to sing in front of the Gladers. Yet, singing might help me feel a little better and get the fact that I killed a Griever by looking at it off my chest. I start to prepare myself as everyone cheers me on. I start to think of a song, now that I have my memories back, I remember every song, artist, band, and genre that I grew up listening to. One pops into my head, and it was written by my favorite boy band, One Direction.

"All right, all right. I got one." I announce to the boys, and they all stay quiet, waiting for me to sing. "Are you ready?" They all shout in excitement in return, and I smile as I clear my throat and begin to sing.

"Been a lot of places.
I've been all around the world.
Seen a lot of faces.
Never knowing where I was.

On the horizon.
Oh, well, I know, I know, I know, I know the sun will be rising
Back home.

Living out of cases,
Packing up and taking off.
Made a lot of changes
But not forgetting who I was.

On the horizon.
Oh, well, I know, I know, I know, I know the moon will be rising
Back home.