3

'ma, I'm going to head out now. See you in a bit' my shoes were on, it was summer and we didn't have chilly nights in summer here. It's just hot throughout.

'Alright baby, call me when you need anything' I probably won't need anything. I was taking this walk but I wasn't about to go wonder off really far. Nope.

'I probably won't be in need of anything, but thanks anyways' and I then I was out the door before she could say one more thing.

I made the short walk from the house to the gate. Okay I was out here now, which direction do I even take?

And then I remembered that I saw a small shop the other day.

My anxiety was on a high but I was ready to leave. I went outside the gate And off I was to the shop.

A good old feeling of freedom of taking walks settled and I remembered how my body feels so alive and as I listened to some music, I swear there was something about taking walks that relaxed me . As long as it's not disturbed that is.

Upon reaching the shop, I entered inside then I looked around those wall supported shelves filled with stuff I didn't even know was and I was in the middle of having an internal battle with myself when my eyes landed on a certain boy.

He was just as beautiful as I had seen him and quite frankly he was so much more beautiful up close. He gave me a smile and then said
'Hey would you like to go on a walk with me, you know so I can get you acquainted with the place' , And never have I ever been so thankful for my melanin but still I'm sure if you looked close enough you could see my blushing face , 'Yeah, sure' I said.

'I would like that'. And then off we went. I had forgotten all About what I even wanted to buy in the shop, I mean I didn't even want anything in the first place so yeah it could wait.

we left the shop together, and then he started asking me questions. His face was so smooth or maybe I was just gone for. I could see the little beauty marks on his face, I could see the little twinkle in his eyes and how perfectly even his skin was, the richness of his hair, the lines, creaks and shape of his body and the softness of his palms.

And then he randomly told me,' you are so beautiful' . Then for some reason I believed him. I believed that I was beautiful. I believed that he believed that i was beautiful.

And then deep down in my heart I knew there was no going back from this and then he said again, 'I haven't seen anybody with eyes as beautiful as yours' , and he was staring straight inside my eyes like he could read me, and I felt so exposed, for the first time in a long time I felt vulnerable under his stare.

'Thank you, you're really nice ain't you?' And then he said 'no not really nice I'm just truthful. I want to take you home so my mom can see that I've met my wife,I want to go everywhere with you, I want to enter every place with you and with your hand right in mine' . My heart was then pounding. I felt like jumping and screaming, but I held it all together, yeey so proud of me, or not!.

He went on 'I feel like protecting you, there's a pull that I feel towards you and it's more than liking someone. I mean I think I've liked people before but this is definitely new'.

He was a stranger and come to think of it I had no reason to believe him or anything that he said. He could have been lying to me for all I know.
But all I did was just smile and tell him you're really beautiful too and I'd like to get to know you and maybe be friends. Who was I kidding I didn't want to be friends with him.

Don't even ask me where I got the courage to say such things. I don't know I have no idea but it was out there now and there was no taking it back and then that is how we started.

He held my hand, and we continued walking to I don't know where. It didn't matter.

The butterflies in my stomach refused to settle, and everytime he'd look at me I melted. He was not good for my sanity.

He always knew just what to say. He would randomly touch me and it would always be where I need.

There was a fallen tree by the side of the road that was freshly cut down. He asked if I wanted to sit down. After I had agreed. With his hand in mine we went over to the fallen tree. He sat down then asked if I wanted to sit on his lap.

'uhm no it's okay, I'll just sit here'.
I really did want to sit on his lap though. ' it's all cool, you'll tell me though when it gets uncomfortable right?' my heart did a little dance. How can one person be so perfect?
'yeah sure, I will' with a little content smile on my face, I sat down and instantly regretted saying I wanted to sit on the tree.

Not because the tree was that uncomfortable, but we were kind of apart a bit now and so my hand was not in his and I felt like I wanted to jump him.

Oh my pretty things, what is wrong with me?

'what do you mean?' okay tell me I didn't just say that out loud. 'uhm excuse me?' I tried acting cool and all 'I thought you said something about pretty good things and stuff ' he had a little smirk on his face. Damn him for being so cute .' uh no I didn't say anything ' and then my hands were suddenly so interesting. He brushed the stray hair that fell on my face. ' alright beautiful '. Life goals list, soulmate check! And then he was on it again, pointing parts of the hood and telling me who stays where, what each part is called and so on. And me, I was just happy he was talking.

I didn't even realize, but it had gotten so dark out now. I knew my mom would be looking for me.

Although she had encouraged me to go out, she often worried about me a lot.

Checking the time, I saw a couple of missed calls from her. 'flip, hey I think we should continue this tour another time, I need to get home now'. He stood up and helped me stand up 'alright, let me walk you home'

We walked for a bit, I personally didn't realised we had walked such a long distance when we were going . Upon reaching my house, 'hey, do you mind giving me your number, so I can text you?' he looked so baffled and it was so cute.
'yea sure' I took his phone and then wrote and saved them.

'is it okay if I hug you?' I looked up at him and a traitor little blush was on my face 'yea sure'. He got so close and then hugged me, I hugged him back. I could smell that ashy scent so well now, it was a little minty, fruity and manly . It was beautiful!

It lasted a little long and we let each go, 'bye' I said and he said bye back then I went inside my house. All content and feeling so cute.

Realisation dawn on me that i might have a boyfriend. An actual real boyfriend!

The grin that I had in my face was reduced to a smile, when I saw my mom in the living room looking all jittery and worried.

'hey mom, I'm back'. The smile refused to leave my face and I was trying to look serious for a bit. 'I was worried about you, did you not hear your phone ring when I called?'

I was a bad daughter, I know. 'no I didnt I'm sorry about that, but I'm all good I promise'. She looked at my face and a smile was returned on hers. 'you look happy' yea I know I did, I couldn't help it. 'I do?' and now my stupid grin was back.

'you do, so can i assume you met a friend and the walk was a good one ?' and her face looked so relived and my heart did a little fluff when I realised how much she just wants me to be happy.

'yes ma, you can definitely assume all of that, my walk was great. I think I might actually like it here after all' I didn't know I could actually grin more than I was but yea, it happened.

'I'm glad baby, go wash up while I dish up' I skipped the room and went running to take that bath.

My phone had a massage notification ding, 'hey beautiful, it's Jamie.' I almost screamed. 'hey Jamie, what's up?' it didn't even take a minute then I received 'I really had a great time today, and I like you so much. I think you are really beautiful inside and out. How would you feel about being my girlfriend?'

Well this was sudden, but it was perfect. 'okay I'll be your girlfriend'. I put my phone down and went to the bathroom to finally bath.