The Frankford Slasher [Unidentified, a plot twist?]

From 1985 to 1990 there were nine murders in the Philadelphia neighborhood of Frankford where the victim was sexually assaulted and then brutally stabbed. It seemed clear that it was the work of a single serial killer, especially since several of the victims were reported to have been seen with a middle-aged white male shortly before their attacks. In a bizarre twist, after the murder of eighth victim, Carol Dowd, authorities arrested Leonard Christopher, a black male that worked at the fish market near the location of Dowd’s murder. He didn’t fit any witness description and there was little to no evidence of his involvement, yet he was convicted and sentenced to life in prison. The case against Christopher actually being the Frankford Slasher became even less viable on September 6, 1990, months after Christopher had been arrested, when Michelle Dehner was killed in the exact same way as the other victims. It would have been impossible for Christopher to commit her murder so it seems as though the Frankford Slasher is still out there somewhere.

Bolded = The starting of the killing

Italics = The identity has been found!

Italic/Bold = Plot twist?