Chapter 5

Oh. Well dang I think he might be flirting with me. I feel my cheeks heat up as I stop a couple feet in front of him and I can't help the smile that comes over my face as I catch a whiff of his spice. Guys are automatically more attractive if they smell nice, it's a fact of life. "I wasn't planning on waiting for him here." He raises an eyebrow and gestures for me to continue walking, "Then where are we off to?" Hm, he said "we." I'll have to dissect that later. I start walking but raise an eyebrow back because even if I'm not in the dating game, this harmless flirting is fun.

"I wasplanning on going to the music building for a little practice but I'm not surehow that's going to affect your plans..." I trail off so that I can finally put aname to his handsome face. He hmms and says, "Well are you looking for a liveaudience for a bit? And why don't you take a couple guesses at my name? Get itright and then I'll give up my middle name." I laugh and shake my head. "Youdon't even know what I'll be practicing, Evan." He snorts at my name choicebefore replying, "Wrong on both accounts, but I'll give you two more tries." Ipause, "Alright but what instrument do I play Jared?" "Piano and wrong again,"he replies immediately. I'm a little surprised, not that the piano isn'tcommon, but I get lots of violin assumptions too. "Well, how do you know,Nick?" He shakes his head and smiles, "You're always tapping your fingers. Andmy name–." He's cut off as a girl yells, "Kai!" from across the courtyard. Shedashes over to him with a couple of her friends in tow and latches on to hisarm before she begins spouting off something about being thankful for himhelping her kitty last night. The whole situation takes a second to sink inbefore I scramble away from him. Gross. I can't believe they're talking aboutthis in public. And the girl clearly doesn't care that we were walkingtogether. I just roll my eyes and start walking away as the girl and herfriends cluster around Kai. He tries saying something to me, but I cut him offwith wave before booking it to the music building. Goodbye Kai.