Chapter 2

A/N: I know that vampires in HP world are more like the myths but I'm going to make them more like the vampires in Twilight. They don't sparkle and Severus & Harry have fangs. Slightly longer and sharper than regular teeth. Garlic doesn't bother them and they're not quite as invulnerable as Twilight vampires. Other than those differences they're the same as the twilight ones.

Harry and Severus were settling into their home and taking their time to make it comfortable. The inside matched the outside in it's beautiful. The log cab had such a homey feeling and it was amazing. Severus, of course, had already went to his potions lab and had been stuck there for a whole 4 hours. Hary rolled his eyes probably for the 5th time that day. They should probably go into town and show their faces. If they did, they can blend in better. Thanks to glamours and charms, they can stay in one place for at least 3o years. One thing Harry had to get used to were his eyes. It was a bit devastating to lose something of his parents. His green eyes were gone in his turning. Now they were black. It didn't make much of a difference with Severus because his eyes were already onyx black. It was amusing however when people thought them as father and son. It definitely made things easier when moving around.

He could glamour them, but why? He had to get used to them and he actually quite liked them. The fangs were a bit much but he is a vampire. Harry went downstairs and knocked on the door. "Severus lets go! I want to go into town and look around."

"You know better than to yell you brat," Severus sneered, but it wasn't meant to be harsh. He in fact did tell Harry not to yell because it can disturb the potions. He just didn't listen.

Harry was already running up the stairs. Together they only have 1 car. It's mostly just for show as they can apparate or run. Harry got into the passenger seat because there isn't a chance Severus would ever let him drive. The last time he tried, he was sneered at and had gotten very dramatic reaction to some light turning.

Severus came out the house and went straight to the drivers side. The drive there was filled with silence. There were so many trees and the town looked quite small. Harry wouldn't be surprised if this place was crawling with vampires. It's genuinely the perfect city. "Hmm I get the feeling that this place isn't going to be as quiet as our previous one."

Ignoring the look he was given, he pointed to a diner. "Let's go there."

People were already starting to whisper about them. They must not get new people often if they can already tell they were new. Harry sighed. "Yup. Definitely not going to be quiet."

They pulled into the small diner and immediately Harry felt a tug. He inhaled sharply. He saw a couple and had a moment of despair when he thought the man was his mate. No, that wasn't his mate. And that's when he saw the most beautiful man he's ever seen. He seemed to be over 6'0 and had honey blonde hair that fell above his collar. The man also seemed to notice him and if Harry could blush, he would've.

"Mate," Harry whispered. Severus had heard him and immediately looked to where his mate stood.

Severus nudged Harry to a table. "That's a vampire. A muggle one by the looks of it," Severus sneered. He never got over his hatred for humans and neither has Harry. Not after what they did.

Harry had trouble taking his eyes off of his mate. He couldn't believe he finally found him. It seems like all of the painful memories and loneliness was worth it. It's like a weight has been lifted and it was such a euphoric feeling. His mate walked towards him and he shifted in his seat nervously.

"Calm down Harry, your magic is starting to act up," Severus hissed. Harry glanced at the table and there were silverware starting to levitate. He immediately began to calm himself. The last thing he wanted was to be exposed to humans again. There was no way his mate didn't see or hear it and knew there would be questions.