Her Disapproving Father

Start from the beginning

"I know, I know jerk." She says laughing as I continue to glare at hee.

"I was going to let you drive me home, but I might as well walk." I say crossing my arms over my chest.

She puts her arms on the table and scoots in.

"Please, I would pick you up and throw you in my car if you try to do that."

"Then I would, purposely.. hurt your car." I say grinning right back at her.

She squints her eyes at me, "You wouldn't dare."

But I copy her exact position. "Oh, I would." I say raising my eyebrows at her.

We kept giving each other the same look until the waitress came over with the bill.

Before Lisa could grab it, I took it before she could.

"Jennie, no! Give it." Lisa says trying to grab the bill out of my hands.

"Nope." I say. I start to pull out my phone to get the money to pay but the bill is rudely snatched right out of my hand.

"Lisa!!" I say but she shushes me.

"I brought you here, I'm paying."

"We can at least split it."

"Nope." She says giving her cash and the bill to the waitress.

"At least let me pay the tip." I say pulling my phone out another time but she shakes her head at me.

She grabs my phone once again and throws a tip on the table before dragging me out of there before I had a chance to get my money out.

We sit in the car while she gives me my phone back.

"Just promise me one thing." I say looking at her while she starts the car up.

She looks at me questionably. "Yeah?"

"Next time we ever have dinner together, I get to pay."

"Ohh are you asking me out Jennie?" She says wiggling her eyebrows at me.

My eyes go wide. "No!! That's not what I meant!"

"I mean, I knew you wanted me bad but we barely left the restaurant." She says looking at me.

"Please, a dead rat is more datable than you." I say pulling the seatbelt over myself and clicking it in.

"I could probably kiss better." She says winking at me.

I blush and look down while she pulls out.

...

Of the parking lot.

But it wasn't until now I realize something...

I'm still in her sweatshirt!!!

"Oh uhm, you probably want this back." I mutter getting ready to take it off.

"No, keep it, it looks better on you anyways." I look at Lisa instantly to see her eyes locked on the road in front of her.

Which I am glad she didn't look over because I'm pretty sure my face decided that it wanted to fulfill its dream of becoming a tomato.

Releasing the ends of the sweatshirt, I look out the window and just sit there in my own thoughts.

After a couple minutes of silence pass, we pull into Lisa's drive way.

Lisa signals me to follow her so I walk behind her into her house.

Why?

I don't know.

But as soon as I close the door behind me, it's like I walked right into World War III.

"Where were you?!" Her dad asks standing up from his seat on the stairs.

"Out." Lisa says shrugging her shoulders and taking my hand pulling me into the kitchen.

I awkwardly follow behind her as her dad sees me.

I give him a small smile but he completely ignores it as he follows us into the kitchen.

"Out is not a good enough answer Lisa. You have been gone for six hours straight! You had me and your mother in panic!" He says almost shouting at Lisa.

But Lisa only rolls her eyes. "I told mom that I would be out with friends."

"Fine, where did you go?" He demands.

Lisa let's go of my hand as she clenches her fist. "Why does it matter now? When has it ever mattered where I was?!" Lisa says back at him slamming her fist on the table.

I jump back in shock of how loud of a noise it made.

Suddenly, Lisa's dad grabs Lisa's car keys off the counter and storms out of the kitchen.

Lisa and I follow him quickly as we watch as he heads to Lisa's car and opens it.

"Dad stop!!" But it was too late.

He had Lisa's boxing bag in his hand.

It was completely silent as he looked at it then back at Lisa.

"This is where you sneak off too?!" He yells angrily at Lisa.

Lisa just walks up to him and rips the bag out of his hands.

"I will not allow my daughter to box." He says trying to grab the bag back but Lisa was quickly able to move it out of her reach.

"No."

"What do you mean no?!" Lisa's dad says.

Lisa and I were now standing on one side of the driveway, whereas her dad was on the other side.

I didn't know where Alissa was at the moment, but I know she would have handled it much better than this.

Both Lisa and her dad were just full on shouting at each other.

I was starting to wonder if this always happened when they fought.

I mean, I saw disagreements between them at the dinner table but never one on one.

"I have been boxing and training for years. I will not give this up. It is my senior year and I will not stop at the beginning of the school year." Lisa says with such venom in her voice.

"It's either you give me the bag and stop, or you are no daughter of mine." I gasp at the words that just came out of his mouth.

Lisa's eyes widen at his words along with mine.

I would never have expected those words to come out of his mouth.

And apparently, neither did Lisa.

Until an expressionless look came over her face. I watched in horror at her next words.

"I guess I am no daughter of yours." She says.

Me and her dad both watch as Lisa takes the keys out of her fathers hands and opens her car door.

"Lisa stop!!" Her dad yelled. I backed away out of the drive way as Lisa took off down the road.

I look over at Lisa's dad to see him already looking at me.

He was about to say something but I stopped him. "I just wanted to let you know that Lisa's team won today. A tournament they have been practicing for weeks for." I say and walk away from him onto my yard.

I don't even look back at him as I open my front door.

My parents weren't home because they were out on a date night and my brother was at a friends house until earlier tonight since it was a school night.

I walk straight to my room and lay on my bed.

Where did Lisa go?

But more importantly, is Lisa going to be okay?