detention - mgk

your pov:

i guess you could call me a trouble maker. i think it was just that i hated this dumb ass high school. i was always in and out of detention for dumb shit.

today's was the dumbest by far, though.

"miss (l/n)?" mr. rodriguez called on me, "you know the answer?"

"what? no. i have to go to the bathroom. can i?" i scoffed.

i was basically failing his class and he thought i knew the answer to whatever he was talking about. i wasn't even paying attention.

"no. you can not" he replied and was about to go back to teaching when i spoke up again.

"seriously? why not?"

"because i said no."

i rolled my eyes and then tried to quietly move the tampon from my pocket back to my pencil case.

mr. rodriguez stopped the class and looked at me, "miss (l/n), if your just going to go eat a candy bar you can in here, as long as you have enough to share"

"huh?"

the entire classes eyes were on me.

"don't pretend. we all heard the wrapper, miss (l/n)"

i realized what he was talking about and got violently angry. i stood up and i whipped the tampon out.

"is this what you were talking about, mr. rodriguez?" i opened the wrapped and pushed it up the applicator, walking towards him, "i'll share with you don't worry. go ahead, take a bite"

"this is extremely inappropriate. detention after school" his face was bright red.

suddenly, there was a chair scraping on the ground and a voice speaking up, "but sir, that's not fair! she did everything right. she raised her hand, asked politely and didn't go when you told her not to. and it doesn't even make sense why you didn't let her, were you just going to let her pee her pants?"

i was shocked. colson wasn't a teachers pet but in his world talking back to one was unheard of. especially for someone like me. he just got good grades and kept his head down.

"mr. baker, detention for you as well. both of you meet in my classroom at the final bell today. miss (l/n), you may go to the bathroom now but must come straight back. you have 10 minutes"

i sighed walking back to get a new tampon and stormed out of the classroom. 10 minutes up my ass.

colson and i were both standing outside the door to his class just a few minutes after the final bell rang.

he opened the door, let us in and took our phones. i walked to the far back corner and slung my bag down.

we were not even 5 minutes in and i was bored out of my mind.

"miss (l/n). stop tapping your knuckles and spit out that gum. you know it's not allowed"

i had half a mind to stick it under the desk but i just gritted my teeth, walked to trash and spit it in there.

a few minutes later, mrs. brown came in, "hey alex. could you come help me set up some lab beakers and dissection trays for tomorrow?"

"yeah, of course. give me five minutes and i'll be there"

i was glad mrs. brown wasn't my bio teacher.