chapter two

'Hero'

"Rose! Calm down, Sarah and I played little league baseball, I'm a pro."

luciana pov <3

*****

*****

I WOKE UP to commotion on the boat. Sarah and I spent the night there because it had air condition and we wanted some alone girls time. I groaned and rubbed my eyes.

"Wheezie? Shut up, please." I say still half asleep.

There was no reply so I tried to go back to sleep but then I heard metal hit something, I was ready to yell at Wheezie again but I opened my eyes to see John B and JJ.

"You're not Wheezie." I say which obviously scared them because they both dropped the tanks. That woke up Sarah as well.

"No shit." JJ mumbles which caused me to flip him off. John B nudged him to stop being rude.

"Correct. Yeah." John B said.

"John B? JJ?" She was confused.

"I'm sorry." He apologized for him and JJ for waking both of us up.

"What are you doing?" Sarah asked frustrated.

"Uh," John B stuttered and looked at JJ. JJ stepped up and answered us because his friend was having trouble coming up with a lie.

"We're just dropping off some scuba gear." He lied.

"What are-- what are you doing... here?" John B asked.

Sarah looked at me with her eyes squinted and her lips poked out, "It's our boat.."

I laughed at his stupidity which made him blush in embarrassment, "It's also the only place with air condition." I choke out after laughing.

"Did you, um.. top the tanks?" Sarah asked sitting up from her position.

"No, uh.. no. The powers out, the compressors are off." JJ lied again. I could see right through his lies.

"So, you're sneaking onto our boat, at five a.m.. with empty tanks?" I question.

"I'll make sure to tell my dad.." Sarah says.

"Please don't, Sarah. John B's gonna get fired." JJ begs.

"What are you gonna do? Pull a gun on me again?" I cross my arms across my chest and Sarah does the same.

JJ starts to speak, "I should, on your annoying ass-"

"He means no." John B quickly interrupted his friend.

"Get out of here. It's too early and I'm tired." Sarah mumbles.

"Okay.. okay. Bye.." They start to leave before JJ comes back.

"Wait, so, what exactly are you gonna tell your dad?" JJ asked.

"Don't worry Blondie, we aren't gonna say anything." I assure him.

"Relax, John B. Your secret is safe with us, right Luci?" Sarah looks at me with a big smile.

"Correct." I smile back at her then we both look at the boys who like relieved.

"Goodbye." I say as they leave. Me and Sarah look at each other and laugh.

"Oh, so, you left her on the boat?" I ask the little girl in front of me who was frowning.

"Mm-hm." She mumbles.

I take her tiny hand and hold it in mine, "Okay, so can you tell me what she looks like?" I ask the little girl.

"She has a trunk and blue ears." The girl says quietly.

"Okay. I'm gonna get her for you." I promise her.

"Be careful of electricity." She warns me.

"Don't worry, I'll be okay." I assure her.

I stepped on to the boat that was very unsteady. A neighbor of the Cameron's that I grew up with yells out to me, "Hey, there's fourteen thousand volts in those wires!"

I bent down and lost my balance for a second, but I grabbed on to the pole and shrieked with a laugh. "Hey, Luci, be careful!" Topper calls out to me.

"Luci. Get down right now!" Rose yells.

"Rose! Calm down, Sarah and I played little league baseball, I'm a pro." I assure her.

I heard Rose say something else but I ignored it and walked on the small wood piece leading to the boat. I held my arms out wobbling trying to keep steady. I saw Sarah come behind Rose and she did our favorite dance, I danced back to her as everyone was yelling at me to get down.

"Luci, that's not funny." Rafe tells me.

I finally got to the boat and carefully jumped down to the low surface. I saw a gray stuffed animal lying on the ground. "I see her." I yell out to the little girl.

I noticed that the wires were unplugged and a smirk appeared on my lips. A little trick wouldn't hurt anybody, would it? I had took acting classes when I was little and they paid off well. I was able to lie and not look like I was lying, I could fake anything, even this.

I screamed loudly and purposely tripped over my shoelace. I heard footsteps running towards me and I laid on the ground looking like I was unconscious. Once I heard Rafe calling my name and looking over at me, I waved the wire around and started to laugh.

"It's disconnected." I giggle out.

Rafe looked mad and embarrassed that he fell for it.

"You should have seen your face." I continue giggling.

"Yeah-- okay, I'm sorry that I care." He says.

authors note:

short chapter, sorry <3 i cant wait to write chapter four though because there will for sure be some jj and luciana content ;) stay tuned besties.